• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran seeks to reassure investors it has cash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't understand simple financial figures, then maybe debating the viability of a business isn't up your alley.

I meant to reply to this. I never said I don't understand financial figures. I understand them fully. I try not to get to wrapped around them because they have nothing to do with how I operate an airplane, negotiate a contract, or treat my company. Those are management figures. And many of those figures don't mean a thing. RASM is one of them. Especially in this fuel environment.

those figures don't mean a thing. RASM is one of them. Especially in this fuel environment.

So if RASM exceeds CASM, it means nothing? That's what you are saying? Really?

So if RASM exceeds CASM, it means nothing? That's what you are saying? Really?

In an earlier post he pointed out the RASM number only. RASM to CASM ratio is your yield which I said is what matters. RASM in itself doesn't matter. That's what I'm saying. Really. Go back and read it. All you did was repeat what I said earlier. Really.

In an earlier post he pointed out the RASM number only. RASM to CASM ratio is your yield which I said is what matters. RASM in itself doesn't matter. That's what I'm saying. Really. Go back and read it. All you did was repeat what I said earlier. Really.

So I mis-read, and we agree. Stand-alone, neither figure means anything. You didn't have to be a D-Bag, D-Bo. :)

So I mis-read, and we agree. Stand-alone, neither figure means anything. You didn't have to be a D-Bag, D-Bo. :)

Guess I'm having trouble with my on line mannerisms and with the lack of the tone of my voice and facial expressions everyone here is taking what I'm saying the wrong way.

I didn't just mention RASM, I also mentioned the non-fuel CASM. Granted, that doesn't give a complete picture without knowing the CASM inclusive of fuel, but it does give some pretty good hints, and that's all we have to go on until the first quarter results are released.

I didn't just mention RASM, I also mentioned the non-fuel CASM. Granted, that doesn't give a complete picture without knowing the CASM inclusive of fuel, but it does give some pretty good hints, and that's all we have to go on until the first quarter results are released.

You did in a later post. the first one on the matter was this:

Our RASM is up 7% in the first quarter. Advanced bookings through the fall are even higher than last year's record numbers. We're doing just fine, but thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

Post #13. That's the post I was referring to. I agree with the follow up post. Like I said, I try not to focus on the numbers but definitely understand them. Yield, RASM, CASM, ASMS, etc. is all for management to worry about and discuss. I was just replying to your assertion that I didn't know about the technical and fundamental analysis of an airline.

Guess I'm having trouble with my on line mannerisms and with the lack of the tone of my voice and facial expressions everyone here is taking what I'm saying the wrong way.

No biggie, happens to me all the time. Of course I actually AM an A-hole. :)

Latest resources

Back