• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Reports Net Income of $41.5 Million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please don't try to use our current financial well being as a reason to $crew the MEH guys. This merger has nothing to do with the pilots of MEH. Management wants the merger to go through, it's our job (Labor) to make sure that a single, unified pilot group emerges from this ordeal. A pilot group that is not divided along old company lines. A pilot group that can stand up as one to management when they come looking for concessions again. This management group (like all of them) would love to see us divided against ourselves. We should not afford them that luxury.

We need to treat the MEH guys with the dignity and respect that they deserve as Airline Pilots instead of alienating them. Our future bargaining power requires this.

What he said.

MEH guys - Don't sweat it too much. I think the vast majority of the folks over here want to treat the Midwest pilots fairly. Together, united we will be that much stronger.

What he said.

MEH guys - Don't sweat it too much. I think the vast majority of the folks over here want to treat the Midwest pilots fairly. Together, united we will be that much stronger.

i do not doubt that, but realistically what happens is BOTH sides look for the best interests of their respective groups, which creates animosity. this then simple rolls downhill from there.

if this does go through, let us hope we can avoid the pitfalls of the past.

Another Great Day With Sap2... Ready To Throw The Computer Out The Window.... Not An Asterisk In Sight To Save My Life. How Is Your Schedule Philpot? What A Waste Of A Program That Would Make A Line Pilots Life Better.

Actually, that's exactly what the MEH MEC did.

They came down to ATL and had a nice day of talks, went out to dinner, then basically dropped the bomb that they wanted DOH and ALPA on property with their MEC leadership at the helm.

That's from 3 reliable sources.

I can't blame them too much for trying to get as much as they can for their pilots; that's their job.

You don't think they really expect date of hire do ya? I wish they didn't come into this trying to secure a windfall for their pilots - guess you can't blame them for at least having the balls to try it...

i do not doubt that, but realistically what happens is BOTH sides look for the best interests of their respective groups, which creates animosity. this then simple rolls downhill from there.

if this does go through, let us hope we can avoid the pitfalls of the past.

Maybe the membership on both sides needs to make it clear to our leaders that we do not want to repeat the mistakes of the past. We want a united pilot group. Make the integration fair with percentages and fences based on current expectations of pilots at each company.
DO NOT let this go to an arbitrator or mediator. Be man enough to make hard decisions and get the job done in house.

Another Great Day With Sap2... Ready To Throw The Computer Out The Window.... Not An Asterisk In Sight To Save My Life. How Is Your Schedule Philpot? What A Waste Of A Program That Would Make A Line Pilots Life Better.

You got that right.
I still don't understand why we gave up FLICA SAP 2. My requests just get ignored now that we are back to the old system.

Ty has a new GF... she won't let him near this website.

Ski, you're absolutely right, I'm certain that the MEH MEC didn't *really* think they'd get super-seniority DOH, but they have a fiduciary and professional responsibility to their own pilots to at least try to get the best deal.

The truth, however, is that the best deal long-term to avoid years and acrimony and strife is to simply do as you said: relative percentage-based integration to protect everyone's relative bidding and career expectations as closely as possible.

Some people will benefit, some people will not, but as long as the majority of the pilots are, after the dust settles, doing the same thing for the same pay with the same outlook of career expectation, then it will have been done right.

I find it interesting the NPA fired the head of the M&A committee last week. Obviously all is not well behind the curtain.

Ski, you're absolutely right, I'm certain that the MEH MEC didn't *really* think they'd get super-seniority DOH, but they have a fiduciary and professional responsibility to their own pilots to at least try to get the best deal.

don't forget to put into context that our contract is up for renegotiation next year. i'm sure the MEC is simply being politically savvy by backing Tim in case this merger does not go through.

Latest resources

Back