• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Reports Net Income of $41.5 Million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Correct me if I am wrong, but the arbitrator in the USAir/America West and American/TWA integrations used company financial stregth just prior to the merger in making his final decision.
You're wrong. There was no arbitration in the TWA/AA seniority "integration". Just a cram down from the APA that AMR signed off on.

As far as the USAir/AWA deal goes, I believe it had more to do with who was on the property and who was on furlough at the time of the deal. i.e., if you were on furlough, than you could not be "integrated" with guys who were actively employed.

Please don't try to use our current financial well being as a reason to $crew the MEH guys. This merger has nothing to do with the pilots of MEH. Management wants the merger to go through, it's our job (Labor) to make sure that a single, unified pilot group emerges from this ordeal. A pilot group that is not divided along old company lines. A pilot group that can stand up as one to management when they come looking for concessions again. This management group (like all of them) would love to see us divided against ourselves. We should not afford them that luxury.

We need to treat the MEH guys with the dignity and respect that they deserve as Airline Pilots instead of alienating them. Our future bargaining power requires this.

We need to treat the MEH guys with the dignity and respect that they deserve as Airline Pilots instead of alienating them. Our future bargaining power requires this.

Exactly!!!

Duuuude! Wahtz we be needin ta doo wit da Middies iz ta be gettinn 41 Mill of ole Swill!!! Now datz da kindza luvvin dat I bee tawkin boutz.

Hey ole Lear dude, my brother dat been gettin no love fer all da werk hee bee doin fer da Trannies, do ya thinkz dees cats at dat ole N Peeee Ayyyy evver gunna be lissnen to da peeps on da streets or iz Allen in Wunderland gunna be on da TeeeVeee summ more?

Duude, eether AP gotza beee 'Changin da rhettrick' or da trannies dun bee needin ta getz a neww admrill ta runz da ship.

How boutz ole Ty Guy? Duuude, ya gotz summa dat freee time on yer hands, or izz yer hands tooo busy wit da hunnies from Veggazzzz?

AWWWWW YEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I agreed with you guys, 75M and PCL128, until the Midwest MEC stabbed our union in the back.

From what I heard from one of our union board members (not AP, MS, or RM), the Midwest MEC told our union that they were taking a neutral stance. Then two days later without talking to our guys at all with a heads up, they put out there letter in full support of the Midwest stand alone business plan. That sounds like a backstab to me. If someone has some better information on how it went down, feel free to share it.

I wonder if this (huge profit) is the reason that the company suddenly wanted to get a contract done - not the MEH merger. Remember they wanted to implement the new contract on July 1st. hmmmm....

any thoughts?

Maxblast72, you probably shouldn't trust that source unless you can verify it through some other sources. That doesn't sound like something that Captain Schnedorf (MEH MEC Chairman) would do. But keep in mind that it's asking quite a bit of the MEH MEC to keep in perfect sync with us since we're not members of the same union. If we were also ALPA, then that'd be a different story, but expecting them to coordinate everything with us now is expecting a little much in my opinion.

Actually, that's exactly what the MEH MEC did.

They came down to ATL and had a nice day of talks, went out to dinner, then basically dropped the bomb that they wanted DOH and ALPA on property with their MEC leadership at the helm.

That's from 3 reliable sources.

I can't blame them too much for trying to get as much as they can for their pilots; that's their job.

I also can't blame our guys for telling them they'd be best-suited playing nice and getting a slotted integration with fences to protect our pilots.

The evening was basically over at that point, then the MEH guys went back and said they wanted MEH to stay MEH and put out a support letter for the MEH management's plan.

I still don't think going to war is a good idea, but that IS the way it went down. They're going to spend an awful lot of money trying to fight something that's going to go down in an slotted integration with fences, anyway. Pretty foolish waste of money, but it always seems to work out that way. :(

Best, I ain't even going there with the whole recall mess; everyone knows where I'm standing on that one. Let everyone vote and rest assured there IS a plan for when the dust settles...

Ty guy can run if he wants. I'll listen if he's buying. :D

But 'Ole Milwaukee just ain't gonna cut it. Gotsta have some CLASS, man. Try Schlitz, has less of an aftertaste and a softer hangover. ;)

Last edited:
then basically dropped the bomb that they wanted DOH and ALPA on property with their MEC leadership at the helm.

Well, I could do without the DOH, but the rest sounds dang good to me. :D ;)

This profit shouldnt come as a suprise to anyone.. You can look at Airtran.com and find the projected earnings anytime you want... The numbers get updated on a regular basis. AAI is forecasting a Q3 profit of 19 million and Q4 profit of 10 million... Next years profit is forecasted to be 94 million for the year.....

BTW.. Citation, you should know that stock price is largely based on speculation.. Do you really thing MEH stock is worth $13 a share right now??? Hell no its not, but, it could be with the right managment team and business plan... BUT, right now MEH stock isn't worth that. The only reason its trading that high is because of speculation that AAI is going to buy the shares for $15.... So, Citation, using that as an argument doesn't work..... Citation... Any bets on weather AAI pilots will be flying EMB190's or not? You seem to think its going to happen, BUT, JL has stated several times that if he was CEO when AAI purchased the 717's, the 717's wouldn't be here.. Mabye you haven't seen the projected traffic increase for the next 10 years... Pax traffic is going to go way up and there is going to be a big need for aircraft that can carry more pax in order to keep delays and congestion down... Expect AAI to be one of the launch customers for the 737 replacement...

Last edited:
This profit shouldnt come as a suprise to anyone.. You can look at Airtran.com and find the projected earnings anytime you want... The numbers get updated on a regular basis. AAI is forecasting a Q3 profit of 19 million and Q4 profit of 10 million... Next years profit is forecasted to be 94 million for the year.....

BTW.. Citation, you should know that stock price is largely based on speculation.. Do you really thing MEH stock is worth $13 a share right now??? Hell no its not, but, it could be with the right managment team and business plan... BUT, right now MEH stock isn't worth that. The only reason its trading that high is because of speculation that AAI is going to buy the shares for $15.... So, Citation, using that as an argument doesn't work..... Citation... Any bets on weather AAI pilots will be flying EMB190's or not? You seem to think its going to happen, BUT, JL has stated several times that if he was CEO when AAI purchased the 717's, the 717's wouldn't be here.. Mabye you haven't seen the projected traffic increase for the next 10 years... Pax traffic is going to go way up and there is going to be a big need for aircraft that can carry more pax in order to keep delays and congestion down... Expect AAI to be one of the launch customers for the 737 replacement...

and when is that (737 replacement)? 2015? what about aai's stock price being low? if you are so confident of your statement, then keep the scope clause the way it is on the TA. you are right, i might be wrong regarding aai pilots flying rj's, it might be republic or skywest. you also seem to be JL #1 fan.

MEH stock price is completely being driven by AAI stock (since they will receive roughly .58 shares of it) price right now.

nothing is stopping AAI from buying MEH stock TODAY! they simply want a state law negotiated away. the purpose of the state law is there EXACTLY for what is happening (large institutional investors and individuals buying up a company). you can thank JL's fellow CEO club members lorenzo and icahn for this very law.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back