• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran recalls some furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
17. C. 3. A pilot who has been furloughed for greater than six months may decline recall ONCE if a junior pilot remains on furlough.

So I too read that if you have not been gone for more than 6 months, you can not bypass recall..Tough decisions for people..

Companies are going to be enforcing those training contracts because they want their money !

In most states, training contracts are unenforceable. Talk to a labor attorney from the state your company is based in. You can probably break the contract with no chance of being sued. Just make sure you talk to a labor attorney first!

They are enforceable..MOST of the time...The companies know the law, and have their own attorneys. I know several people that owe over 20,000. We have several capt. at AT in that positions.

They are enforceable..MOST of the time...The companies know the law, and have their own attorneys. I know several people that owe over 20,000. We have several capt. at AT in that positions.
Training contracts are NOT enforceable, in almost every state.

I have first-hand experience with this with a company that went out of business, THEN tried to collect on a "training contract" when they had put everyone on the street by closing the doors.

What IS enforceable is a "Training promissory note" or "Training bond". BIG difference. HUGE.

Those latter are loans, where you are borrowing the money from the company to, in effect, pay for your training (even though you're paying the very company you borrowed from). Your months (or years) of service repay the loan in increments.

Those you can't get out of, in almost every state. Most companies have wisened up about this and are doing the latter.

It all depends on what you've signed.

My Friend in (FL) was sued for over 20k went to court and lost, not once but twice!!! So in that court of law it was enforceable.

JUST BE CAREFUL...Find out the FACTS first, is what I believe we all are saying to the ones that it may affect..

LOOKs like NPA playing hardball finally...

They are enforcable down in FL. I to know of two guys who where forced to pay up on a training CONTRACT.

Latest resources

Back