AirTran questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kingfisher

Can someone tell me how long can one expect to sit reserve on the 717 and 737 at AirTran? Which routes are predominantly flown by the 737 ? Thanks.

Don't know too much about the 737, but on the 717 reserve has been very short 1-2 months. The 737 does most of our west coast stuff (LAS, LAX, SFO) although the 717 does go to LAX and LAS through DFW. The 737 has also been doing east coast flying ie LGA, MCO, FLL, DFW. It also recently started CAK and FNT to LAS service.

Yeah, some 737 routes are: ATL-LGA, ATL-LAX, FNT-LAS, ATL-CAK, DFW-LAS,
ATL-FLL, PHL-MCO, ATL-MCO, ATL-TPA, SRQ-BOS(coming soon), etc...

Had two equipment subs the other day....737 ATL-MEM-ATL and ATL-CLT-ATL...

AND ship 315 came in today from BFI...no winglets yet!:rolleyes:

Seems like the more 737's that come online, the more overlap there is.

As mentioned, the 737's do the trans cons (with the occasional north/south route) and the 717's go north/south (with the occasional trans cons via DFW).

The 737's do redeyes, the 717's do standups.

Reserve is very short. I just flew with a new guy who never sat reserve (717). He finished IOE, had a line built for him his first month and got a standup line his 2nd month.

Hey Airtran Guys

We have a fire starter in our group that is somewhere on some inside of something stating that you guys are looking to buy Spirit Airlines.
No support, or facts.

Its not me!

Flame away!

I love this game

How long is the upgrade?

Spirit.... I havn't heard that one yet. Not a lot of commonality. 80's, but fuel burn too high compared to rest of the fleet.

I think upgrade a 2 years and 6 months

DoubleOverHead said:
We have a fire starter in our group that is somewhere on some inside of something stating that you guys are looking to buy Spirit Airlines.
No support, or facts.

No, we are going to buy UPS and form the first L-C-C-C (Low Cost Cargo Carrier). The new company will feature coach and business class and offer super discounted fares to those who wish to fly in the cargo compartment. The best part is that the Flight Attendants will have the power to tell unruly passengers to "go ride in the box".:D

And then I woke up.........

always wanted a f/a to look me in the eyes and with a clever playful smile tell me to "go ride in the box."

changing my handle from fbt to boxrider

boxrider-out

Both hose are funny!!! Well the md80s are going away, we have 12 airbus now, with total fleet replacement by end 2006

Latest resources

Back