AirTran Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DA50pilot

There were some "rumors" going around this forum a little while back about AirTran possibly dropping the 500 121 PIC requirement.

I was just wondering if any AirTran guys/ladies have heard anything more about it happening. Thank you for any replies.

DA50

DA50pilot said:
There were some "rumors" going around this forum a little while back about AirTran possibly dropping the 500 121 PIC requirement.

I was just wondering if any AirTran guys/ladies have heard anything more about it happening. Thank you for any replies.

DA50

As far as I know they have NOT dropped that requirement. I saw and spoke with Stephanie this morning at the Training Center where she was conducting interviews. I asked about the background of who she was interviewing, and the response she gave me was a whos/whos list of Part 121 and Military Pilots.

She never mentioned any Part 91 or 135 applicants..... so this still follows the line that I know that only 121 PIC/Military equivilent applicants are getting called.

Take what I say for what it is worth.... and hang in there. That 121 requirement will eventually change.

Last edited:
FL717 is right the minimums have NOT changed, however, recently there have been applicants who have made it to the interview without the minimums and have been hired. Some with NO 121 PIC time, some with not enough, and a military guy or two who didn't even have the total time requirement. Bottom line...get some internal recommendations, go to an Air Inc. job fair, and apply for the job, you never know. Good Luck!

A Lear Captain at Airnet was just recently hired by AirTran and has no 121 experience. From the rumors flying here, he bugged the HR department until they gave him an interview. Also, I believe he attended a job fair or two prior to being called.

starcheckdriver said:
A Lear Captain at Airnet was just recently hired by AirTran and has no 121 experience. From the rumors flying here, he bugged the HR department until they gave him an interview. Also, I believe he attended a job fair or two prior to being called.

Be VERY careful about "bugging" the AirTran HR Department. There is a very thin line between "bugging" them and expressing a continued interest.

I say this because I know for a FACT that there is a couple people out there who have called, e-mailed, mailed, and faxed the HR Department every week for months on end.

These people will NEVER EVER get called for an interview because they have annoyed the he!! out of the wrong people for "bugging" them.

Continued interest... yes.... harassing..... NO. If you have to ask what that difference is.... you ARE more than likely a stalker...LOL!

Food for thought.

FL717 said:
Continued interest... yes.... harassing..... NO. If you have to ask what that difference is.... you ARE more than likely a stalker...LOL!

Food for thought.

Duuuude! I flew wit a hombre like dat!!! At first it was like cool and stuff dat Dude wanted to like be hangin out on dem overnites and stuff, most excellente of all was like he kept buyin da brewskis, which rocks!!!! Freaking awesome!!!!

Well it was awesome and stuff until da Dude keeps callin and stuff, den its like he keeps "axcidentlee runnin into me" at like da mall and like da grocerie store, and liek da oil changin place----Duuuuuuuude, Im like tinkin dat he's like wantin sometin else lubed udder dan his chassie if ya know what Im gettin at----Freaking sick!!!!

It's like Im glad I liked gots me a new job like flyin wit some freaking righteous peeps now, but den it like starts happenin----Dude is like tellin dem HR peeps dat we're like da best budddies on da big blue marble and like I told him like to work here-----NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freeaking worst nightmare about to totally hose like de best job I like ever had....Goood news and like da fairy tale ending is dat he like totally started stalkin dem HR folks tooo, so Dude aint gettin a job here but its like still givvin me like Fatal Freaking Attraction Nightmares---baaaaad Kharma, dude, just freaking bad.

bestpilot said:
Duuuude! I flew wit a hombre like dat!!! At first it was like cool and stuff dat Dude wanted to like be hangin out on dem overnites and stuff, most excellente of all was like he kept buyin da brewskis, which rocks!!!! Freaking awesome!!!!

Well it was awesome and stuff until da Dude keeps callin and stuff, den its like he keeps "axcidentlee runnin into me" at like da mall and like da grocerie store, and liek da oil changin place----Duuuuuuuude, Im like tinkin dat he's like wantin sometin else lubed udder dan his chassie if ya know what Im gettin at----Freaking sick!!!!

It's like Im glad I liked gots me a new job like flyin wit some freaking righteous peeps now, but den it like starts happenin----Dude is like tellin dem HR peeps dat we're like da best budddies on da big blue marble and like I told him like to work here-----NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freeaking worst nightmare about to totally hose like de best job I like ever had....Goood news and like da fairy tale ending is dat he like totally started stalkin dem HR folks tooo, so Dude aint gettin a job here but its like still givvin me like Fatal Freaking Attraction Nightmares---baaaaad Kharma, dude, just freaking bad.

Thanks, now I have a headache

Don't worry folks... I speak jive

bestpilot said:

I believe this is what you are trying to say:

http://www.gotwavs.com/cgi-bin/mp3s.cgi?Airplane=ap1.mp3

Latest resources

Back