• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran promoting healthy eating with Little Debbie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" Interesting. I've actually had LDs in the past. Not bad if you're in the mood. "

I'm with ya' on that one...I too have had LSD in the past and ....

Oh, wrong subject.

Never mind.

YKW

I've had some peculiar mushrooms once. Everything became so magical. The world actually made sense.

P.S. - Lord, I would also like a Little Debbie snack cake for desert...If it won't make my butt look too big in my new uniform pants. Your call on that one Lord. Thank you.
OK, I don't care WHO you are... That's funny right there. :D :D :D :LOL:

Yeah, they don't much care for me quoting the 1st miracle Jesus performed (water into wine). "Here's your clue... they're not talking about grape juice, folks." Nor do they care for the text which says that drinking with your fellow man and being merry is healthy for a man from time to time.

The Bible actually only supports their theories on "clean meat" similar to Jewish beliefs. No meat of the "cloven hoof" (pork, etc), no shellfish or bottom dwellers (sea creatures must have scales or bones), etc., and also their Saturday Sabbath practice (Ten Commandments). It does NOT support the "no alcohol" belief, therefore neither do I. :)

It's a religion that branched off the Jehova's Witness (sp?) faith back in the late 19th century and a woman was actually the big driving force behind it. She was preaching the virtues of a diet based on vegetarianism, abstinence from alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, and she was right at the time, because the favorite drink of the period was Absinthe, tobacco didn't have filters and was combining lung disease with Tuberculosis making what little chance of recovery they had practically nil, and the meat handling, sanitation, etc were atrocious. Because they were so healthy (compared to everyone else), it attracted a lot of followers.

My 3 favorite Little Debbie snacks:

Peanut Butter Chocolate Wafers (Nutty Buddy's)
Chocolate covered coconut granola bar (it's ridiculously good)
Oatmeal cookie (cream stuffed)

I absolutely cannot STAND any of their cake foods. Too many mornings walking to class and that cloyingly-sick fresh-baked Little Debbie Cake smell just hanging in the valley, no air flow until the sun came out for a while. They bake during the evening so the whole valley smells like Little Debbies Tuesday - Friday mornings. :puke:

I had a little debbie......once! Coincidently, the day of this post marks my one year anniverary of being released from prison.

Heh heh... "Little Debbie" was actually his niece. I'm going to avoid the innuendo you left out there, Ron... ;)

She's 2 years older than me, but we were in college at the same time there. I had a '76 Vette (that needed a lot of work but was a great college car to tinker on in my spare time to keep me out of real trouble), and she had an '85 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette. We'd race from time to time, as I tweaked on mine. I'd get better launches (more technique than anything else), but she'd catch me every time by 60. :)

She actually had a bad accident on a horse as a kid, ran into some barbed wire and tore her face up pretty bad. Only so much reconstruction they could do. A really great girl though, wonder what happened to her...

No.

Little Debbie is owned by parent company McKee baking company in Collegedale, TN. What we affectionately call "Happy Valley". It's right outside Chattanooga, and the only other thing in town is the largest Seventh Day Adventist college in the Southeast, Southern Adventist University.

Among the many beliefs of the SDA church was STRICT adherence to Bible requirements for eating, pretty much a kosher Jewish diet, if you eat meat AT ALL (most SDA's don't eat meat or drink alcohol, you can't find meat in their grocery store near campus, only veggie-meat, and there's not a liquor store for about 20 miles; you have to drive out of the Valley).

This means ESPECIALLY no pork or pork products. You will not find Lard of ANY kind in a Little Debbie product. Ever.

(I'm SDA born and raised, actually attended SAU for a year and a half before I transferred up to MTSU for their aviation program).

I find it kind of amusing AirTran partners with a company based in a city we don't even fly to... But hey, if it makes money, more power to 'em. :)

Thanks for helping connect the dots. Our VP of Marketing and Sales is from around Chattanooga and I'm guessing has a connection with the company.

Latest resources

Back