• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pressuring Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Orlando loses the headquarters and operations center, it will lose 250 jobs that pay an average of $60,000 a year.

And three that pay in the tens of millions . . . .

Turnabout is Fair play

I'm not here to comment about AirTran wanting some incentives to stay in Orlando, but before people with an interest in Midwest go too far with that story, let's all remember a few years ago when Uncle Timmy threatened to take Midwest HQ out of Wisconsin unless they got a bigger tax break. It's the way business works, and if Hoeksema can do it, Leonard can, too.
I love how people want to portray Midwest as this loving, benevolent employer who has nothing but the best interests of its' valued employees and local community at heart. They're a business, just like any other. Everything they do is about making money.
Remember when they fired all the Midwest rampers so they could have Skyway rampers do it for less? They fired Skyway gate agents and replaced them with higher paid Midwest employees. They'd switch an outstation from Midwest to Skyway, so they'd eliminate all the 'Midwest' positions and let all the employees who'd worked there for years re-apply for the 'new' Skyway positions, then they'd still end up working Midwest flights at times, anyway. There's the tax break issue I already mentioned, and the list goes on, I'm sure. I know, I worked at Skyway for too long.
I personally believe Midwest and AirTran BOTH have quality employees; I want to believe that the employees themselves are considered separately from management's decisions and tom-foolery.

I've wished sometimes that our "SOC" -system operations control- was up here in ATL...the interaction between us(ATL OPS) and them can be frustrating sometimes.

Holding for these pax, taking this airplane out of service, why hasn't this plane pushed the gate?, where's the must ride MX guys?, can we move these flights closer together?,.....It would be a lot easier if they were here and in the action of having to manage 270 flights a day instead of talking on the phone about it....

Interesting article though...i know some dispatchers and managers down there in MCO that wouldn't want to move

Hey CaJerky you need to post that on airliners.net. With the threads on that board, you would think the sun rises and sets because MDX.:beer:

Hey CaJerky you need to post that on airliners.net. With the threads on that board, you would think the sun rises and sets because MDX.:beer:

Haha, nah, I get my daily dose of rumors, wild stories, flame-wars, and outright nonsense from Flightinfo and Flightinfo only. :)
I just want people to make up their own minds, not simply accept as Gospel what Uncle Timmy and Baghdad Carol tell them they should think...

capnjerky,

you are correct the midwest rampers in MKE received a raw deal. from what i was told we paid for it with awful performance when that happened as no one new what to do those first couple of days.

Holding for these pax, taking this airplane out of service, why hasn't this plane pushed the gate?, where's the must ride MX guys?, can we move these flights closer together?,.....

Naw, bro from da H Cue! ATL gotz dis big freaaking dart board an stuff an dey like blindfoldin some new cat an like when dat telephonio go ringie ding ding, den like Pablo sayz "hey Qaundiliachnlandraniqua, tell Bubba ta throw dat dart". Whatevver Bubba hit on da baord iz what dey do!

Bubbaz last dart hit da mark dat sayz, "leave dat plane sittin at da gate so's all da peeps who suppozed ta be on it can like wait fer like 30 minutoes an stuff, befer it pullz away an dey gits ta stay in da AYY TEEE L fer a night a fun in da hotel, wihch wee aints payin fer!"

Iz dat how da boyz in SOC wantz it dun? Cause da peeps in da AY TEEE ELLL roll like dat all da time! Gotza git my turn time! Waht aboutz da cussumers? Wee closzin dat door cauz we gotz ta get dat turn time! Can wee be holdin da flight and stuff? Uhhhh, OPS aint knowin nuttin boutz dat, dey jus say "Goat head an Copy Dat most da time"

"If I aint gettz my turn time, den da surpervizor peeps be like all up in my bizznizz! So likez datz why I gotzta putz da blamein on da Stews or like da Efffo bein like slow with da calcalater on dat waitin balance form an stuff! Jus gimmie somebuddy ta putz da delay on cause I aints hearin it from da man no more!"

SOC dude, dats how da ATL iz, speshlee at night. Da SOC catz needz ta git summa dem smartie peeps up in here, up in here, cuz I used ta not bee like dis until like ATL done made me lose my mind! Freaaaking crrazzy.

Latest resources

Back