• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran posts 4th quarter profit of 1.9 million

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was before Fornaro was CEO and happened well before Kelly came to BF the last time. SWA came to AAI, not the other way around. Heck, Kelly didn't even tell BF what his true intentions were until Fornaro got to Dallas. Originally AAI did come to SWA to discuss a merger. When it was obvious SWA wasn't interested, AAI began looking in other directions and wanted to expand within, or be the purchaser. Thats why AAI went looking for Midwest. AAI and DAL pretty much kept SWA out of ATL with their last gate negotiations. If SWA wanted in ATL, they were going to have to buy their way in. And obviously, thats what they did.

You forget, AAI didn't come to SWA. SWA came to AAI. And No, AAI didn't need SWA's money to continue growing. AAI has always been for sale, everything is for sale for the right price. 3 years ago AAI was the ones looking to do the buying, and not be the buyer. AAI has been stocking up on cash and increasing their balance sheet. Before the merger, AAI was looking to take 6 airplanes in 2011 with a possible 200 new pilots. If you look at AAI's growth they have continued to expand MKE and continue growing in the Caribbean. AAI's balance sheet and growth are both pretty good. Not the growth we experienced 3 years ago, but still growth. Uprgrades were occuring, and we were hiring.

Thats why guys get bent out of shape when some peole say were going to get stapled, or end up near the bottom of the seniority list. As long as its a fair integration, then I think everyone will be happy. You just have to realize the AAI guys are a little leary after what SWAPA tried to do with Frontier. I think somewhere between relative seniority and date of hire, with fences built in for several years, is most likely the best scenerio. You guys get a amall increase in seniority and growth, we get a better contract. One the fences drop in about 5 years, and AAI and SWA's top guys retire, everyone will end up better off in the long run.

But the problem is the age of your pilot group. You are young compared to the majority of SWA guys. If you read my post we are in the same boat. I/we retire top 1% of the list. I don't think there will be a staple of the list, but do think it is not fair that you are using our retirements as "it will be ok when the retirements hit". Those projections of my seniority are based on the retirements that SWAPA brings not AT. So for a AT guy to ride that wave ahead of the SWA guys is unfair. Couple of my nerdy Capt buddy's out of Hou put together a career expectations model together (with every scenario together retirement, medical, QOL and vacation) it slots your 1994 capt in with a 6 year FO (of course it is pilots doing this model, not professionals). The only thing is we are all lucky to have AM/MB. Just have to wait and see. I don't think you have to worry about being put out on the streets or stapled.

GT,

What point are you trying to make? Your management has been trying to sell to us for at least a decade. There are no other bidders.

KEEP DREAMING FOR SOMETHING BETWEEN RELATIVE SENIORITY AND DATE OF HIRE. This really is showing your ignorance if you think this reality! Keep in mind gt you guys are being bought for 3.4 BILLION DOLLARS. You will not get credit for time you weren't even at AAI. Now do you understand why some of us SWA guys are getting a little PO'ed. Man just when things were starting to cool off.

KEEP DREAMING FOR SOMETHING BETWEEN RELATIVE SENIORITY AND DATE OF HIRE. This really is showing your ignorance if you think this reality! Keep in mind gt you guys are being bought for 3.4 BILLION DOLLARS. You will not get credit for time you weren't even at AAI. Now do you understand why some of us SWA guys are getting a little PO'ed. Man just when things were starting to cool off.

Tweet,

You're wrong to the tune of 2 billion dollars (props to Doctor Evil) The number is 1.37 Billion :laugh:

I enjoyed the "showing your ignorance" part of the post.

Tweet,

You're wrong to the tune of 2 billion dollars (props to Doctor Evil) The number is 1.37 Billion :laugh:

To bad you can't read this because you put me on your ignore list for disagreeing with you :crying::crying::crying:......

your ignorance evidently didn't include the 2 billion dollars of debt we would be acquiring.

Tweet,

Well it is 600ish in cash the rest in options. But funny how we all bust each others balls.

OK birdman, hypothetical, shoes on the other foot, somehow, magically, the CEO of AT decides to buy Republic. Where do YOU as the bottom AT pilot want those pilots?

Man, how did I miss this? Okay, I want a fair SLI, that's the bottom line. It needs to be a win, win deal for both sides. It's not Republic's fault that I am at the bottom of the list. In fact, it is nobody’s fault. That is just the way it is. Dude, you choose this career, so quit crying. This could be a deal of a life time, so be careful about trying to stable or stab another group of your fellow pilots in the back. It will come back to haunt you one day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back