• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran posts 3rd Quarter Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Funny... If your refering to me, I wasn't knocking you at all. I think its important that all of us at AAI understand as much as we can about the finances of our company. I don't know much, but I know where to find it.. haha... Sounds like and oral answer... They update the earning forecast a couple times a month, so Im always watching it. Earlier in the year, the forecasted earnings were a lot better than they are now. However, Q1 was originally forecasting a loss of about 8 million, and we actually made a small profit.

we are at the bottom of the top 10 airlines in net income, a whopping 1.7% return on our work...I don't think there should be alot of congrats going around...while a profit is good, we are need of a better management team to take us to the next level, I hope Bob can do it but I am not so confident I think we will be doing alot of the same with him as CEO. This mngmt team was fantastic to save Value Jet but I don't think (and either does Wall Street...Stock Price $10.00) they are the team we need to take us to the next level.
With our cost structure (and now for the first time is lower than Southwest) we should be alot more aggressive not giving back our orders of 737's (3 more in 2008) and we should beyond a shadow of a doubt be getting more for our air fares.

Latest resources

Back