• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New info.... Good Job NPA and the Company !!! Yahoo... my doom and gloom has ended... there is hope that we can all play nice and work it out !!

Hmmm... imagine that .. they worked out a deal that is good for both parties. Good for the Pax, Crew, and Company .. I'm impressed. Now we are making progress !!

Merry Xmas... see ya on the line !

Personal hardship. Period.

I have been assured that we did not negotiate away the ability to decline a JA.
It's there for a reason. Use it as necessary.

MN boy,

I saw the latest update.

I'm not sure allowing the company to disregard our contract is the best thing right now, even for triple time and a hooker waiting for you at the layover hotel.

AfCitrus, I'm glad the NPA speaks for me and not you. If you had your way, we'd have just rolled over for the co. like the NPA of old. This new deal aint perfect but at least we're getting something for "helping out the company" If you think they'd give anything in return on their own without pressure, your drunk on koolaid.
PS, if guys like you were running the military, we'd be speaking Japanese or German because you'd be trying to just get along to avoid taking a stand for what is right, let alone what was negotiated.
Everybody knew something would get worked out. We're only worth what we can negotiate. I think it is most fitting the co. pay fo their mistake. Remember their contract proposal? They want you to pay for your mistakes? Take the time to read their proposal again, (this is the same company you say we ought to bend over backwards to do favors for) its available on the NPA website. If for some reason you can't get to it, PM me and I'll make sure you get a copy of it.

MN boy,

I saw the latest update.

I'm not sure allowing the company to disregard our contract is the best thing right now, even for triple time and a hooker waiting for you at the layover hotel.
Wait till that hooker gets a look at you.

AfCitrus, I'm glad the NPA speaks for me and not you. If you had your way, we'd have just rolled over for the co. like the NPA of old. This new deal aint perfect but at least we're getting something for "helping out the company" If you think they'd give anything in return on their own without pressure, your drunk on koolaid.
PS, if guys like you were running the military, we'd be speaking Japanese or German because you'd be trying to just get along to avoid taking a stand for what is right, let alone what was negotiated.
Everybody knew something would get worked out. We're only worth what we can negotiate. I think it is most fitting the co. pay fo their mistake. Remember their contract proposal? They want you to pay for your mistakes? Take the time to read their proposal again, (this is the same company you say we ought to bend over backwards to do favors for) its available on the NPA website. If for some reason you can't get to it, PM me and I'll make sure you get a copy of it.

I am one of the guys running the military. And are we speaking Japanese? Hell no. The reason is because the military makes sacrifices for the country so that cowards like yourself can have a nice Christmas home with your family. We don't whine and complain because the contract we signed didn't specifically say that we may have to forfeit our Christmas leave during times of crisis. This is a time of crisis for our airline.

I hold the line with scheduling and the company as much as you do. But I also know when its time to put differences apart on behalf of all of our futures.

I am standing up for what is right. For those of you who wouldn't have gotten Christmas off anyway, can you look yourself in the miror and honestly say that holding the company hostage for a system "glitch" is doing the right thing? I DIDN'T THINK SO!!

By the way. Judging by your third sentence you did roll over for the company. I guess the company must have seen all these posts on flightinfo and decided to change their minds. Well done! Just don't try to fly until that stuff completely leaves your system.

Your not doing a favor for the company, you're doing a favor for yourself and for me (thanks) and for your family. Doing something that will help us all succeed is not giving away the bank. Now if you start flying for free, that's another story.

I did receive the proposal and I had a good laugh before I trashed it. Heck, the company probably was laughing as they wrote it. No one expects a first proposal to be worth the paper it's written on. Except you.

Explain to me what "glitch" you are talking about. As far as a "glitch" in the system - they set the numbers, not the pilots. THEY have control, not the pilots. There was NO "glitch" in the system - quit buying the company BS.

You really think this is a time of crisis? Oh brother - I can see you haven't had a real crisis in the airline biz, if any real crisis in life.

Holding them "hostage"? You are kidding right? They make the mistake and it is MY problem? I fly airplanes, I will repeat, I fly airplanes - I do not manage the company, - i.e. my true control over what happens in the company ends when I leave my jet.

Your one of the guys running our military - now that's funny.

Dude... You hard core guys need to pick your battles.. Sometimes, you have to do whats right... Or, would you rather leave hundreds of familys siting in the airports on christmas because you were to hard core to bend.. The union and company did the right thing.... Obviously the union knows when to pick their battles... do you??

gt1900,

I agree, the right thing was done, and hopefully after MANY bloody noses I am learning how to pick my battles.

This one is over - can't wait to see the next one though.:beer:

Latest resources

Back