airline is a piece of the continent, a part of the
main. If a clod be washed away by the sea,
our industry is the less, as well as if a promontory
were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or
of thine own were: any airline's death diminishes
me, because I am involved in airlinekind, and
therefore never send to know for whom the bells
tolls; it tolls for thee."

Some great preacher/writer guy said that a long time ago.

An English major is in our midst...

Phaedrus, how 'bout some Divine Comedy for the state of the airline industry? I recommend a canto from Inferno

Hasta, Navin

Can't be good for us. It's harder to compete with someone who doesn't have to pay their bills.

On a slightly different topic, this is a direct quote from management..."Our first 737 is currently being modified in MIA with winglets. The aircraft is scheduled to join the active fleet early next week. With the Boeing strike our 737 deliveries are currently on hold. For each day that the mechanics at Boeing are on strike our 737 aircraft will be delayed an equal amount of days. At this point in time I am not changing future class schedules for new hires and upgrades. However this will change if the strike continues, resulting in the delay of new hire and upgrade classes. We will make another assessment of the situation next week."

Yikes...

If anyone has heard of potential class delays - please let us know.
Currently I am scheduled for an October class date and I am starting to get a little concerned.
Bad timing for that strike at Boeing. Hope they settle it real soon.

I am in class right now. The next class starting the 26th is on. I believe 23 in that one. As far as anything else Im not sure. They change things quick.
Incidentally does anyone know about a uniform company called Abbotts? I googled it and came up with squat. Im lookng for the gold band for my hat in AirTran's shade of gold.

SkiFishFly -

I'm currently in class. Klaus spoke to us yesterday and addressed the issue of 737"s not getting delivered on time. he indicated there would be no changing the hiring plans. From what he told us, you should be good to go.

You're gonna love it here!

JetScreamDriver

tubelcane said:
Incidentally does anyone know about a uniform company called Abbotts? I googled it and came up with squat. Im lookng for the gold band for my hat in AirTran's shade of gold.

I think this is their phone number: (404) 768-5679
They are difficult to find on the web, and this number is one I had from a while back.

Good luck!

Abbotts has a location in Pensacola, FL. They do a lot of Navy uniforms.

Abbott Military Tailors Inc
(850) 438-9868
(800) 852-0962
200 Palafox Pl
Pensacola, FL 32502

Latest resources

Back