AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulping the kool aid already!

You'll fit right in withe rest of the kernals!

Cmon Roomie...you have a lil more horsepower in the cranium than ole Redclown. Use your noodle. You already have a contract with SWA. Did Delta pilots get a raise when they merged with NW, who were lower paid? No. It's not the way it works.

Actually, Delta pilots did get a raise. It just wasn't the insane 40% that redclown talks about. SWAPA pilots will be lucky to get COLA raises in this next contract. Something like 1% per year is more likely.

Sad but true. :)

It's actually not that sad, because the reason for that truth is that your narrowbody rates are already at or near the top of the industry. That's a good thing. But when that's the case, the NMB isn't going to help you with more pay. You've got lots of room to work with on scheduling rules and retirement, though. That's where efforts should be focused, because that's where the NMB will have some sympathy. But every SWAPA pilot I hear talking about negotiations is talking about pay rates. They're going to be sorely disappointed, or worse yet, you'll be mired in negotiations for the next 5 years because they won't be willing to accept reality.

Actually, Delta pilots did get a raise. It just wasn't the insane 40% that redclown talks about. SWAPA pilots will be lucky to get COLA raises in this next contract. Something like 1% per year is more likely.

As I recall their contract was merely extended, unchanged. What they did get was an equity stake in the new airline. NW pilots got a raise, being at a slightly lower pay scale

Are you guys really that dense? Use your high school thinking cap PCL!

As I recall their contract was merely extended, unchanged. What they did get was an equity stake in the new airline. NW pilots got a raise, being at a slightly lower pay scale

Your recall could use some improvement. :) Delta pilots got a smaller raise than the NWA pilots, but it was still a raise. There were also built-in raises for the following two years after the agreement was signed.

Are you guys really that dense? Use your high school thinking cap PCL!

We are going to get insane gains in the next contract. Retro pay, substantial pay increases, define contribution benefit, right of return and amazing reserve rules. All of this is going to happen because we pay SWAPA to get it for us and because we are just awesome people in general. In the meantime I'm going to pick up some open time and check my SWAPA app to see if any new side letters have been signed by the union.

Exactly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back