• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely incorrect. The only way that relative knows no years is if you merge two groups that are exactly identical in age and that is of course absolutely impossible.

If 1000 pilots are placed in front of me on a list and they average 10 years younger than the pilots that were there before, please tell me what that does each and every year they don't retire at the same rate that the others would have.

I'm really tired of arguing about the SLI, so I hesitate to even respond, but there was something proposed by our side to address that concern. It's called a dynamic seniority list. It ensures that you always hold on to your own carrier's attrition, while not destroying any bidding power on the front end. Your NC refused to even listen to the proposal.

THANK YOU HOWARD

This is what every air tran pilot who refuses to understand what junior FO's at SWA lost in this deal will not see. (Key word: will- they're capable- they just won't.)
Not even a signing bonus or raise to take the sting out.

Welcome to mergers Wave. You are not immune. Don't gimme the "acquisition" verbage either. The huge issue you and Howie conveniently forget is that your boss had a "process agreement" stating that if there was no agreement to an SLI between unions, then it would go to arbitration? Is that not right? In arbitration, there is NO WAY not one AT guy would not move over to the SWA side in the left seat of planes it was bringing to the party (737-700s and even 738s with options). Total BS, and you guys try to forget it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I avoid them...ha ha

I didn't know WN had F/O avoidance bids. Can I put all WN captains on my avoidance bid and only fly with FAT captains? In the meantime, I'll avoid as many as possible myself, have for years, even before the merger announcement.

I didn't know WN had F/O avoidance bids. Can I put all WN captains on my avoidance bid and only fly with FAT captains? In the meantime, I'll avoid as many as possible myself, have for years, even before the merger announcement.

Only 3 brother Only. 3. :)

Luv2BFlyin
Just remember with the avoidance bid you drop down to your next choice on your monthly bid. So currently you if your top 3 picks have Capt that are on your avoidance bid you get your 4th choice. If you want to be able to avoid say 200 Capt you will also be getting your 201st choice.

Just wondering how wacky jack does it. I can do my job safely, no matter whom I might be paired with. Some are just much easier to get along with than others. It won't be long before the number one captain on my avoidance bid will be one i can't avoid :) .

Welcome to mergers Wave. You are not immune. Don't gimme the "acquisition" verbage either. The huge issue you and Howie conveniently forget is that your boss had a "process agreement" stating that if there was no agreement to an SLI between unions, then it would go to arbitration? Is that not right? In arbitration, there is NO WAY not one AT guy would not move over to the SWA side in the left seat of planes it was bringing to the party (737-700s and even 738s with options). Total BS, and you guys try to forget it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well, General, since it's been proven time and again that you don't really know jack squat about our Process Agreement, you probably ought not mouth off pretending like you know what you're talking about. You know?

Bubba

Latest resources

Back