• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots, who ya voting for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I should have voted for Ty... Are they young hussies?

They're old enugh to know better, but young enough not to care. . . . :pimp:

Hey, Lear70:

I'm looking at the proposed rates off the NPA website, and comparing them with the current rates, and have also looked at the Jet Blue rates,a nd I am definitely not seeing the same thing that you are.

It looks to me like:

1) FO's get a raise of 12-15% until about year 5

2) Junior Captain raises of 15% tapering off to about 8 or 9% by year 6

3) Current AirTran CA pay is pretty even with current JB A320 CA pay, according to the data at airlinepilotcentral.com

4) COLA to be 5% (more likely 3-3.5%)

So, although I, too, think we should be looking for more, I don't see the data to support what you posted earlier.

I am trying to get in touch an old buddy who works at Air Tran. His name is George Hernandez. I knew him when he was a line guy at Walkers Cay in FLL.

Thank s for the help.

They're old enugh to know better, but young enough not to care. . . . :pimp:

Hey, Lear70:

I'm looking at the proposed rates off the NPA website, and comparing them with the current rates, and have also looked at the Jet Blue rates,a nd I am definitely not seeing the same thing that you are.

It looks to me like:

1) FO's get a raise of 12-15% until about year 5

2) Junior Captain raises of 15% tapering off to about 8 or 9% by year 6

3) Current AirTran CA pay is pretty even with current JB A320 CA pay, according to the data at airlinepilotcentral.com

4) COLA to be 5% (more likely 3-3.5%)

So, although I, too, think we should be looking for more, I don't see the data to support what you posted earlier.
I'm just going by what the DVD put out there. It appears to be 11-12% for years 1-4, then 5% for years 5 and 6, then back up to about 10% or so after that.

1st point: even 15% of a raise on top of $43, 56, or even 61 an hour is a $6-$9 an hour raise or approximately $5,000 to $7,000 a year PRE-tax. I can make that in 2 months in my spare time at home.

The Captains are looking at raises starting at $18-20 bucks an hour, or about $16,000 or so a year. THAT is a raise worth actually discussing.

Given that they're already skewed Captain-heavy on the rates here, I'd say the pie isn't being shared very nicely.

2nd point: COLA for the 2 years (so far) that AAI pilots have been without COLA raises is approximately 6%. So the STARTING point for the FO's is only 5% above basic adjusted pay?

The whole thing is shooting WAY too low, as the F/O rates will be the lowest in the industry if this is signed in its current form.

Not to mention that not using JetBlue's blended pay scale is a mistake. How can we compare ourselves to someone if we're not using what their pilots actually make??

Yes, I have several friends over there,,, NONE of the line holders ever makes less than 70 hours unless they deliberately drop trips, most credit 80-85 hours, making their blended pay rate about 10-15% higher than what we're even shooting for.

There's a LOT of F/O's who feel this way and are just hoping and praying the Midwest deal doesn't go through so they don't actually have to spend a large portion of their lives with 2nd jobs just to feed their families and get to upgrade sometime this decade.

Latest resources

Back