Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilots, Informational Picketing!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In what way was it embarrassing? Did you have guys telling you that they wouldn't picket or did you just not get in touch with a lot of them?

Lack of interest.

We shouldn't need to sign up. Any dues paying member in good standing SHOULD be counted on to walk the line when needed.

We shouldn't need to sign up. Any dues paying member in good standing SHOULD be counted on to walk the line when needed.
Can't argue with that, either.

The problem with lack of interest is that the line pilot WAS happy with the way the contract is working now, for the most part.

A few people get downline drafted (refuse it), or Junior Assigned (again, refuse it), and a VERY few people get extended/reassigned (it happens), but most people were doing just fine. Therefore they didn't think it was "the right time" for info picketing.

I bet you the response right now would be drastically different,,,

Don't bash the membership too much. They're getting riled up... slowly but surely. We now need leadership who will build on that.

Don't bash the membership too much. They're getting riled up... slowly but surely. We now need leadership who will build on that.

Amen!

BTW - Sorry to see you get thrown under the bus by the Mediator, BoD and NC. From the latest NC Update:

"Mediator Tosi indicated that, since it was obvious that F/O Lear70 had placed his agenda before that of the Pilots we represent, he would not continue the mediation process with Lear70 at the table."

I don't know exactly what went on in DC but unless you're more full of crap than the BoD, and I don't think that's the case, then I'd say your agenda is the pilot group's agenda.

Yeah, great support from the NC for one of our pilots. What are they trying to do? Make RM to blame for everything? Why didn't they tell the mediator that he stays and you'll have to get used to it. What a spineless exhibition from the BOD and NC. How out of touch can these guys get?

What the NPA isn't telling you is that the Mediator did not have ANYTHING to say about my performance/behavior at the table. Period. The end.

The ONLY thing the mediator EVER complained about from last week was me continuing to post on here that I was not happy with the progress made, didn't like how the process worked in general (slow, etc), and my supposed disclosure of information that was confidential, specifically that Section 20 wasn't being worked on.

My response was that we were NOT under a gag order, this is a private message board, not a public forum, and I can post my "feelings" and "opinion" to my heart's content so long as I don't discuss SPECIFICS (who said what, strategy, etc), which you will see I NEVER did, anywhere, period.

As far as giving away "confidential" information, if you'll read back to Allen's NC update just prior to mediation in D.C., you'll see that he very SPECIFICALLY said the sections being worked on were 1, 2, 4, 5, 12, and 15. My statement that section 20 wasn't being worked on wasn't anything new.

Then, they don't want to take responsibility for not answering 2 separate emails where I asked when, where, and if I would be involved in mediation this week. They want to say I should have kept pestering them to get an answer.

I'm sorry, we're adults here. They responded to both emails for other negotiating items in them, but never bothered to respond to the question regarding mediation itself; you cannot tell me that wasn't deliberate, and I'm not going to allow them to try to pin responsibility on me.

Unfortunately, that's EXACTLY what they told the mediator; that I had simply chosen not to show up, and that, combined with the message board postings was enough to anger him and they sold me down the river.

Just as a tidbit, the mediator cannot control who the NPA brings to the table, so it wasn't the mediator's decision, it was Allen's and the NC's. He can suggest, but he can't force. Maybe AP should have read the RLA a little more closely before making a direct lie to the pilot group... just a thought.

Either way, thanks for the support from everyone. I'm going to move forward helping with the recall effort. I'm available to help when new leadership is at the helm, even if it's not directly at the table but in a support role, because this is OUR airline. It's OUR futures. If I don't make it my responsibility, who will? It's distasteful, it's stressful, but nothing good comes without hard work.

Last edited:
Amen!

BTW - Sorry to see you get thrown under the bus by the Mediator, BoD and NC. From the latest NC Update:

"Mediator Tosi indicated that, since it was obvious that F/O Lear70 had placed his agenda before that of the Pilots we represent, he would not continue the mediation process with Lear70 at the table."

I don't know exactly what went on in DC but unless you're more full of crap than the BoD, and I don't think that's the case, then I'd say your agenda is the pilot group's agenda.

Lear - from what I have seen you post here and on your site, I have concluded that you were representing exactly what I wanted. Allen and his boys are lost from my perspective.
I am sending an email to Allen and the NC stating in no uncertain terms that you have my full support. I already know that I will not receive the courtesy of a reply.

When do we get to vote on booting these guys? When do we get to vote down their POS TA?
When in this process do we get to take a strike vote?

Thanks. It's nice to know other pilots agree with what is fair to the pilot group while still leaving the company the room for profitability.

There were several things I added into the rebuttal and my presentation to AP and the NC that other pilots came up with - we have a lot of VERY sharp pilots, and I think the company is VASTLY underestimating us.

There is a new recall form on my website link below you can download, fill out, and mail in. I'll be carrying a couple with me on my trip starting Sunday as well. As soon as we have 15%, the NPA will have to set a recall vote timeline.

There will, from AP's conference call, be more mediation for the next 2 weeks, then they will either put out a T.A. that has some specific gains in it or they will put out the current T.A. for vote. The minimum timeline to vote is 21 days, so by the end of August, we'll have our T.A. vote.

A strike vote is still a LONG ways off. We need to get an aggressive leadership group into the NPA and organize the pilots into one, solidified voice before we go down that road... I hope it won't be necessary to go that far,,,

Well, that's it. I've given AP and company the benefit of the doubt as long as I could. Time to sign the petition I guess. It's not something I take lightly; in fact, it's quite depressing that it's come to this point.

Thank you for dedicating your time Lear. I wish my union dues could go to you instead of the the man w/out any answers. I can not imagine AP knowing that the group he represents would want him recalled due his incompetence yet still try selling every one on a lie and empty promises such as , oh they won't do that", or don't worry we will fix everything in 4 years.

Can the petition be copied and placed in mail boxes?

Latest resources

Back