• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots if you want change vote for Schroll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the name calling and personal attack in your PM. It makes it that much easier to put your "casual observations with diatribes" into perspective. If you would like to attack me based on something I have written here, feel free. If you would like to attack me based on things I have done or said in the "real" world, I welcome that as well. The problem is, you don't know me. Making assumptions about who I am or how connected I am only weakens your arguments.
...yeh, whatever...

I no longer work for Airtran and have no a dog in this fight, but I do know John and have flown with him plenty in the early Airtran (not valuejet) days and he is a stand up guy and a good person. Good luck voting fellows.

I don't care how nice a guy JS is or how he conducts himself in the cockpit. If his name is on "the list" he's a scab. Everyone wants to talk about shades of grey and levels of scabs. BS. No shades of grey, no levels. If he's on the list he will never get a vote from me.

This pilot group has come too far to let a scab be our MEC president. If we allow JS to be elected we will be the laughing stock of the industry and we would deserve all the cr@p we would get.

Good luck to us all.

Write in

None of the above

I'm with you Fireman. I wrote in a write-in candidate last night. These 4 guys running have 5 more days to prove they are worth voting for. Time to man up to the table and act like future leaders of a pilot union.

Anyone that writes in a candidate is doing a disservice to this pilot group. Face facts, guys: either John Schroll or Mike Best will be NPA President. If you don't like either one, then pick the lesser of two evils. But don't throw away your vote.

...anyone know much about David Asche...
Only from working with him in negotiations, getting stabbed in the back by him with a lot of lies about what happened in negotiations in D.C. last June, then having him go so far as to libel me in writing in public release from the NPA.

Oh,,, that and the entire Section 5 presentation which sold Reserve pilots even further down the river, gave them a 30% pay cut in the process, and fixed 3 problems with our current reserve system while giving us about a dozen MORE problems, including giving up aisle or window seats on deadheads, requiring them to put you on the first returning deadhead and turning lineholders into reserves at outstations, and much, much more.

This is the person you're considering to run the union and direct future negotiations? You might as well have voted yes for TA 2 if you elect Asche to President, 'cause that's what you'll be getting back a few months from now to vote on. The president APPOINTS the NC members, as well as setting the goals for the NC to obtain in negotiations.

Pinkslip, what don't you like about Mike Best?

I agree with PCL128, a vote for anyone not on the ballot is simply throwing away your vote and helping pave the way for yet ANOTHER presidential election next month in the form of a runoff, taking us into December without a president in office if neither candidate gets a clear 50% now.

I have yet to hear a clear, concise argument with valid, factual points as to why Mike Best shouldn't be NPA president...

Anyone? FACTS?

Latest resources

Back