Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pilots, Don't buy that new house yet..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear,
As many as you want...
And if we're blessed by some of our better looking talent (not as good as it used to be) vanilla vodkas til presentation.
Vanilla vodkas... gotta try that one. And presentation sounds promising, maybe your talent can train our talent, as our HR department has done quite well in the last year or so, especially in MCO. :beer:

Says to me if we(SWA pilots) don't get at least a descent
bump in seniority this would be a windfall (sp?) for the AT pilots. Am I wrong? Better pay benefits QOL job security days off bases. What is our windfall?
Respectfully
Fr8
First off, really glad I'm retired. My generation had it bad enough, de-regulation and all, but this generation seems to practice an advanced form of solipsism which garuntees labor strife. The fact that the business model at Southwest is reaching terminus ie; no more rapid growth displays a problematic approach to business and is the logical outcome of what is basically a ponzi scheme. That in conjunction with national economic distress produces a paradigm change. The question is, "can Southwest and SWAPA adjust"? Basically your back to the regulated airline model without the pension plans or national union support that existed then. Oh well, whistling past the graveyard here.

Lear,
The Vanilla Vodka's are for certain LAS based stews of rebellious Mormon persuasion to show the rather ample goods.
Men shall stick to the hard stuff and beer(s) and mixes therof.
Of course liquor before beer in the clear.

Ponzi scheme, eh? That's a twisted way of looking at one of the more successful companies around. I bet you'd avert your eyes if you were subjected to some vodka-induced presentations, yes? Weirdo.

First off, really glad I'm retired. My generation had it bad enough, de-regulation and all, but this generation seems to practice an advanced form of solipsism which garuntees labor strife. The fact that the business model at Southwest is reaching terminus ie; no more rapid growth displays a problematic approach to business and is the logical outcome of what is basically a ponzi scheme. That in conjunction with national economic distress produces a paradigm change. The question is, "can Southwest and SWAPA adjust"? Basically your back to the regulated airline model without the pension plans or national union support that existed then. Oh well, whistling past the graveyard here.

ME,ME ME

I am sad to hear de-regulation and all, was so hard on you. It is also a shame that the poor and middle class now get to fly. Why should aunt Suzie, and her 3 kids get to go see grandma?

I agree, the good old days when it was several thousand dollars to fly coast to coast.

Enjoy your retirement looking down on the average Joe.

Maru- can I ask? How long have you been retired? There's just a big difference usually between the recently retired and our 80 year olds.
And can you please define Ponzi scheme for me?
Just wondering if your knowledge of them is more sophisticated than Rick Perry's.
If it is, then you'll have to explain how you used the term so ridiculously in the post above.

Maru- can I ask? How long have you been retired? There's just a big difference usually between the recently retired and our 80 year olds.
And can you please define Ponzi scheme for me?
Just wondering if your knowledge of them is more sophisticated than Rick Perry's.
If it is, then you'll have to explain how you used the term so ridiculously in the post above.
Well, OK, but I doubt that I can overcome your inherit prejudices in this matter. First, age, old enough my great granddaughter had to teach me how to use this computer. Ponzi, a unsustainable enterprise requiring continuously greater amounts of investment or growth. ie; Southwest the poster child of de-regulation, no pension, no lifelong earned benefit supporting the health and welfare of a retiree. A business model requiring constant and unrelenting growth to sustain the desires of a labour force for a returnable income. In point of fact the current labor problems being the result of enimic growth. However you can rationalize any argument and Rick Perry,s nothing new. Just another snake oil salesman with a penchant for celebrity.

Latest resources

Back