• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots considering switching unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA in Atlanta...Who do you think they will care about the most??? DELTA 12,000 pilots money vs. 1700 Airtran's?
Should not matter, AirTran's gains are Delta's gains and vise versus. Delta pilots and Alpa should want AirTran pilots to get the best contract possible. It makes good business sense. I want my competitor to have the least amount of competitive edge as possible. One of those being cheap labor.

QUESTION: If you vote ALPA in right now with our contract out of date. WHAT contract will you fly under while waiting for the company to neg. with the new union? You WILL BE at the company's DISCRETION !!!
This only shows that you don't fully understand how the RLA and contracts work.

You folks that take all these petitions and we want things changed right now=The company is LAUGHING at all of you !!!!!!!!! And most of you do not realize how you are hurting the pilot group. If you would spend more time supporting and volunteering than Bit#hing we all would be better off.
Your company is already laughing. Four years without a new contract sure gave them lots of extra cash for bonuses. However, I agree apathy is rampant in the industry. People need to show more resolve and quit apologizing for management.

I love the STRIKE prepardness. Being on the street, let me tell you having 15-17 days off and over 60K a year is a blessing. THERE ARE NO JOBS ANYWHERE !! YOU WILL NOT get a JOB!!!!
You are correct, the economy is not doing so well. But sometimes no time is good time. Some will always find an excuse as to why they shouldn't stand up for their profession. In order to stop a war, sometimes you have to show huge and overpowering force. You'd be better served by joining your brothers in your struggle. This may be the very thing that could ultimately prevent you from having to decide whether to cross a picket line or not.

Scarlet.....get a clue......a strike is highly unlikely don't panic just yet. Think of it more as a negotiating tool to get leverage. But if you want the leverage you are seeking you must be fully prepared and willing to strike. So you must set limits and be brave and stand by them. In other words I am not willing to work for less than X.

Latest resources

Back