• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilot with rollerbag wheel lights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With Inflation don't you think this number should be much higher now??

I mean look at # of aircraft... # of operations.. # of bases...

You know... the real facts of aviation?

1 billion in revenue?? You might as well call several regional airlines MAJOR airlines then. If that is the only criteria.

The D.O.T. definition is like a girls size 2. Even though everyone knows it its not right, it makes the fat girl think shes a 2. In this case, the fat girl thinks shes a major.

Last edited:
The DOT definition is circa 1979. Unfortunately, the DOT definitions were based solely on gross revenue. 1 Billion in 1979 equal roughly 2.9 Billion today. Realistically, the route network is much more in line with what were the national carriers. It's all irrelevant semantics.

The D.O.T. definition is like a girls size 2. Even though everyone knows it its not right, it makes the fat girl think shes a 2. In this case, the fat girl thinks shes a major.

Now, that was funny . . . . Too bad the rest of your material blows goats.

None of the passenger airlines today offer a career that we could call "major". Why don't you ask the furloughed TWA/AA/USAirways/UAL/ATA or the Delta guys who are at AirTran now for their opinion?

If you really give a rat's ass about your chosen profession, and/or your fellow pilots, your time would have been better spent by showing up to help us picket (like some "real" major airline pilots did) than spent accusing us of (gasp!) not being a "major airline".

Last edited:
If you really give a rat's ass about your chosen profession, and/or your fellow pilots, your time would have been better spent by showing up to help us picket (like some "real" major airline pilots did) than spent accusing us of (gasp!) not being a "major airline".

I suppose that is true, all ships rise with the tide.

The fact that Delta hasn't stepped on the ant eating at its feet in Atlanta is rather shocking to me.

This would not happen in DFW with the True Major airline that runs the ship in that location.

The fact that Delta hasn't stepped on the ant eating at its feet in Atlanta is rather shocking to me.

This would not happen in DFW with the True Major airline that runs the ship in that location.

Ahhh, you're a Sky nAAzi. Now it all makes sense.

Ahhh, you're a Sky nAAzi. Now it all makes sense.

Nope

Wrong

AMR doesn't really fight SWA in Dallas Land. Not even at the same airport in Dallas. AMR has the nice new facility outside of town.

SWA operates in the Greyhound Terminal over at Dallas LOVE field ! I will admit that Greyhound has proven that they can make money in the flying business.

AMR pursue's a different type of customer!

That being said I don't think that AMR would allow a small carrier to come in to DFW and start hitting them in the leg. AMR would put the foot down and stomp out the problem.

Again... Why Delta didn't do that is beyond me. Might be too late now as Air Tran is growing momentum in Hotlanta. Delta isn't exactly the most friendly airline around. Their online computer system sucks and delays on Delta flights through ATL are horrendous. I won't even mention their militant boarding policies.

Wowsa... I might have just answered my own dam question.

Latest resources

Back