• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Reinstated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was fired about 4.5 years ago after the company claimed that he was engaged in an illegal job action during contract negotiations. When he went to arbitration, the moron arbitrator ruled in the company's favor. The OSHA claim has been sitting on the books all this time. Thank God they finally ruled in the pilot's favor.

Glad to see he's back!
How many "hostages" did AT mgmt take during that time?
(and I don't know if I'd call $1m for 4.5 years out of work in the worst economy since the depression "winning the lottery". I don't know if this was a good guy or a fool getting too zealous in a mgmt fight, but that amount seems like he'll just about break even-
I'd have rather been employed w/ health ins than get a $Mil almost 5 years later-
Worst savings plan ever:)

Glad to see he's back!
(and I don't know if I'd call $1m for 4.5 years out of work in the worst economy since the depression "winning the lottery". I don't know if this was a good guy or a fool getting too zealous in a mgmt fight, but that amount seems like he'll just about break even-
I'd have rather been employed w/ health ins than get a $Mil almost 5 years later-
Worst savings plan ever:)

I'm glad he got his job back finally. If the company thought he was being overzealous, they could have given him a week off. But no. They wanted to make an example out of him for the rest of us. Bought them a 98% percent strike vote amongst other reasons. Welcome back.

- 2 hostages; Lear and this pilot.

Glad to see he's back!

In 2007 it was just two, him and Lear70. During the next few years, they fired two more (both got their jobs back), suspended a few others, and almost fired a few more, but the Association managed to prevent them. It was pretty ugly.

I don't know if this was a good guy or a fool getting too zealous in a mgmt fight

He's a good guy. Most professional captain you'll ever meet, and not at all the kind of guy who would get wrapped up in some one-man illegal job action. He got screwed, and it's good to see him back.

Lawyer gets 1/3 usually.

His lawyer was provided by ALPA and is paid a salary, so he doesn't get anything from the award.

so any specific details on the osha claim? I'm having trouble seeing how osha has any claim to anything in a jet, flightline yes, aircraft no.

Latest resources

Back