• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Hostage Fund

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, I gotta stand up with Duke on this one. IMHO, ANYTIME a company takes action against an ALPA member that results in loss-of-income, it should be SOP that ALPA IMMEDIATELY steps up and covers 100 percent of that loss of income until such time as the matter is resolved.

It's pathetic that someone posts on here begging for money to help out an ALPA member that's being held hostage.

Now, if that hostage dies in the line of duty and I'm asked for some bucks to help out the spouse and kids, i'm in, and have been.

But begging for something ALPA should be doing is UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR!
Don't know much about ALPA Section 60.M Flight Pay Loss, do we?

It's pathetic that someone posts on here begging for money to help out an ALPA member that's being held hostage.

Newsflash, . . . . it takes months to determine if a pilot even qualifies for Section 60. So, some AirTran pilots start a fund to help our own pilots during the interim, and what do you do? Hijack our thread running your man-pleaser about something you obviously know nothing about. How about a nice warm cup of STFU?

Last edited:
A little thing called the Railway Labor Act is standing in the way. Mind your own business.

ok. I'll keep quiet while you all allow them to scare you all away from going to the damn circus with your family.

Wonder what those inconvenienced passengers thought? I'm sure they were happy the Jet Airways guys grew a pair.

That's a good company man. I'm not one to say "forgot completely about pax" but if mgmt treats you a certain way, you have to react in whatever way gets their attention.

It's all about the bottom line

That's a good company man. I'm not one to say "forgot completely about pax" but if mgmt treats you a certain way, you have to react in whatever way gets their attention.

Sounds reasonable RT

It seems really simple and impersonal:

If a company can show a cost benefit to an employee action, they owe it to the investors to pursue it.

The regional’s and some LCC's embrace the equivalent in the property management field as "slum lording." Other companies invest in their work force because they believe it is a better business plan in the long game.

For example, treat and pay your employees a respectable wage and they will produce more for the company. (ROI)

Until an "abused" pilot group can demonstrate the correlation on the balance sheet; very little will change. Why would it?

From what I understand (which is very little); it sounds like AAI is preparing to demonstrate that correlation.

disclaimer: From a company perspective an untidy labor contract may result in complications regarding financing, mergers and acquisitions, etc...
So the pilots may get a better contract just by their own blind luck.

I sure hope it works out.

By hostage, I'm assuming that your talking about the fella who wrote up a certian flight control cable was wearing and was let go? I don't know the whole story, but will gladly contribute to the fund. To be fired for blowing the whistle on a safety related issue is horse S! Frankly I hope he sues the pants out of them and has to work no more.

Latest resources

Back