• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Pilot Hostage Fund

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA can easily put them on full time union leave and pay them their full salary just like the other union officers. Time for ALPA to step up to the plate.

ALPA can easily put them on full time union leave and pay them their full salary just like the other union officers. Time for ALPA to step up to the plate.

Don't forget we have a hostage who has been waiting since June for ALPA to decide if he qualifies for Flight Pay Loss. This is an interim fund to cover them in the meanwhile.

Help if you can . . . .

www.PilotCrisisFund.com

Am I right here, Donny?

Instead of giving money......how about growing a pair like these guys did. You work at a "mainline" yet you all allow mgmt to treat you like you're still at a regional, a cut-throat regional.

Strike: Thousands stranded on India's Jet Airways
AP: Thousands of passengers were stranded Tuesday as nearly 400 pilots working for India's Jet Airways called in sick to protest the firing of two colleagues, an airline official said. More than 100 of Tuesday's 346 domestic and international flights have been canceled, said A.K. Sivanandan, spokesman for the privately owned airline. The cancellations included flights to New York, London and Brussels.

Wonder what those inconvenienced passengers thought? I'm sure they were happy the Jet Airways guys grew a pair.

Instead of giving money......how about growing a pair like these guys did. You work at a "mainline" yet you all allow mgmt to treat you like you're still at a regional, a cut-throat regional.

Strike: Thousands stranded on India's Jet Airways
AP: Thousands of passengers were stranded Tuesday as nearly 400 pilots working for India's Jet Airways called in sick to protest the firing of two colleagues, an airline official said. More than 100 of Tuesday's 346 domestic and international flights have been canceled, said A.K. Sivanandan, spokesman for the privately owned airline. The cancellations included flights to New York, London and Brussels.

Yep, I gotta stand up with Duke on this one. IMHO, ANYTIME a company takes action against an ALPA member that results in loss-of-income, it should be SOP that ALPA IMMEDIATELY steps up and covers 100 percent of that loss of income until such time as the matter is resolved.

It's pathetic that someone posts on here begging for money to help out an ALPA member that's being held hostage.

Now, if that hostage dies in the line of duty and I'm asked for some bucks to help out the spouse and kids, i'm in, and have been.

But begging for something ALPA should be doing is UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back