• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Pax sits in the seat full of urine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really not much there to distinguish it from the general indignity of air travel these days.

Sorry everyone. Had a Super Big Gulp in the terminal before the flight.

Too bad there isn't an airline, other-passenger bill of rights . .

1. The seat is not a potty. Use the lav. If you're incontinent, then drive where you can stink up your own car.
2. Obey instructions from the flight crew.
3. Don't get drunk on the airplane and don't show up drunk.
4. Don't bring that Big-Fatty Quad Whopper with onions, plop your huge obese ass in the seat and proceed to spread the smell all over the cabin.
5. If your a fatty, be careful when you walk down the aisle.
6. Keep you children under control and quiet. No, I don't think they're cute when they do that.
7. The airplane is not an air ambulance. Don't wheel you almost dead relatives on-board and expect the flight crew to nurse them to destination.
8. If you're fat butt won't fit in the seat, buy a first class ticket or two coach tickets. I bought ALL of my seat and I'm not going to give part of it to you.
9. No, I don't think your pet is cute when it stinks or makes a racket under the seat.

If the article is accurate, some Air Tran folks should be in some trouble. There's no reason why she couldn't stay on the aircraft till the rampers unloaded her bag, then bring said bag to her and allow her to remove some clothes while they watch, then take said bag back to the cart and drop it on the belt. As long as it does not leave their sight and control it should not have been a problem. Also, if the FAs knew the seat was soiled, there's no excuse for them not informing customer service so they could change the passenger's seat, and have them clean the mess up. Never had the urine thing, but you'd be amazed how much puke can come out of a 3 year old kid. Mount Vesuvius comes to mind. But when it happens, you tell CS what's going on, clean up the mess, block the seat and move on.

Sounds like some lazy employees who don't give a sh**t about customer service......

I could be wrong, but I can't imagine a F/A letting someone sit in a seat that they knew had been pissed in. It will be interesting to see what the truth is. If a F/A did allow it, she will be looking for a new job...

If the article is accurate, some Air Tran folks should be in some trouble. There's no reason why she couldn't stay on the aircraft till the rampers unloaded her bag, then bring said bag to her and allow her to remove some clothes while they watch
Uh, yeah, there is something wrong with doing that: it's illegal!!! We don't make the rules, we just follow them. Got a problem with them? Talk to the Tub Stacking A$$holes.

Uh, yeah, there is something wrong with doing that: it's illegal!!! We don't make the rules, we just follow them. Got a problem with them? Talk to the Tub Stacking A$$holes.

Uh PCL.......I used to be a GSC and worked the ramp for years. The restriction against passengers having access to their bags in the sterile area was in effect way before the TSA was a glimmer in W's eye. You can allow a passenger access to a bag as long as it does not leave your care and control. Obviously you've never seen a female passenger called to address a vibrating bag......

If what is in that article was true some people should be in serious trouble. No excuse whatsoever for the way that lady was treated.

Last edited:
"They said Air Tran is investigating the incident and will refund Castellano the purchase price of her ticket and refund the cost of the damaged clothing."

Airtran ticket - $200
Damaged clothing - $125
Cost of blanket passenger used to cover her privates - $300
Net difference: passenger billed for $75

Latest resources

Back