Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opening B737 MKE Pilot Domicile.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, just a sadistic wish. No peeing at all.

Serious question - has AirTran hired any former Midex pilots lately (or will they when hiring fires up again)? Would any preference be given to 717 rated pilots?

Hope hiring picks up for everyone in 2010-2011.

Last time the company was asked, I believe they stated they WOULD give preference to the Midwest pilots. 717 and 737 rated would likely get first dibs.

That said, who knows what management will actually DO when they have to hire outside of the pool... They've said one thing and done something completely different more times than I can count.

Arjayeffo-
Republic operating large aircraft will substantially change the "market rates" that pilots will be negotiating at major airlines. It could open a new strata of pay: the regional (low pay with subsidized PFT), the national (Airbus/737/E190 aircraft at a small margin above regional) and International (757/767, A330 etc - pay higher than a national, but only until a regional decides to expand into this market, then the scale slides down again). I would expect that airlines will again try to split off certain stratas (a la TED, Song) to capitalize on the "new normal" pay rates that will be pioneered by Republic. That's why there is so little pushback from the majors that Republic flys for. One hand washes the other in this scheme.

Once the mess of integration is finished, we will begin negotiating a new contract. Once again you have to choose a side - assume the worst and make it a foregone conclusion that rates will be horrible, or let the process play out, root for all of us to use rates like jetblues as a standard to negotiate with, and believe that we are going to collectively bargain for the best deal for all of us.

So... How 'BOUT that MKE domicile for AAI...

LOL

typical FI thread drift... Happy New Year's, guys & gals!

:beer:

"No Trip trading....And 2 year lock in MKE and company will most likely open MCO and BWI later down the road. Any training you lose vacation=joy.."

Lear- What about the restrictions above? (provided by scarlet) Some kind of domicile lock and no vacation if you train?

"No Trip trading....And 2 year lock in MKE and company will most likely open MCO and BWI later down the road. Any training you lose vacation=joy.."

Lear- What about the restrictions above? (provided by scarlet) Some kind of domicile lock and no vacation if you train?
It depends under what circumstances you take the vacancy.

You can bid in and out without incurring a lock IF you don't transition into a new equipment type OR if you don't take the moving expenses option and move (you have to move within 150 miles of MKE airport to get the moving expenses).

If you do either of those things, you get locked into the base.

There are some vacation issues if you transition into a new equipment type as well. If you work here, PM me and I'll go over them with you.

So, will Airtran start hiring in 2010? would love to get one of those MKE base slots since we already have three shovels at home...lol

There were rumors of hiring in 2010 depending on how many of the remaining furloughed guys take the recall. We should know in Jan or Feb what is going to happen.

Latest resources

Back