Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Opening B737 MKE Pilot Domicile.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of us on "the other side" ;), can someone explain the differences between a full base and a "virtual" base?

Thanks

pfp

Small base=No open time, will have to fly schedule... can only imagine the lines?
The lines should be great if you live in MKE. Don't you remember how all those senior MD-80 Midwest Captains talked the rest of the guys into opposing the Airtran buyout because they loved their west coast turns and didn't want anything to change. Ironic now how it will be Airtran 737 guys flying those turns.

If I lived in MKE, I wouldn't mind 12 days of 8 hr turn for 96 hrs of flying and 19 days off.

If I lived in MKE, I wouldn't mind 12 days of 8 hr turn for 96 hrs of flying and 19 days off.

Do you remember who you work for!!!!!!!!

Why - when the real battle is brewing about 600 miles to the west?
Kelly is smart. He knows Airtran is finishing up their most profitable year ever, have more money in the bank than they ever have, and have a 10% CASM advantage over Southwest. Why not go after the weaker competition in Denver?

Now if the Airtran pilots take a little vacation next year to test the resolve of management in giving us a new contract, Southwest could change their mind about MKE real fast.

Do you remember who you work for!!!!!!!!
OK, my bad. 12 days of 8 hr turns for 96 hrs, and 5 days of airport ready reserve (of which they could only get 4 hrs of flying out of me before I hit the monthly max) for a total credit value of 116 hrs and 14 days off.

Seriously, it is hard to mess up day trips. I am not on the 737, but aren't the SJU and PHX day trip lines pretty nice?

Latest resources

Back