• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran NPA Board Approves ALPA Merger Agreement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully things will start moving now. I hope you get a contract worth your long while! Thanks for the rides!

Congratulations, Air Tran pilots. Welcome to the #1 Union for Pilots in America.

Well, it's not quite done yet. Almost! The pilots still have to vote on it next month. This was just approval and endorsement by the NPA BOD.

I like ALPA's stickers better compared to the NPA stickers thats why I am going to vote ALPA.

[FONT=&quot]Let’s set a date, time and place. I dare you to say that in my face.[/FONT]

I don't have a problem saying that to anyone's face.

Look at the history. Small carriers have always played second fiddle at ALPA.

How's that contract at Comair working out? Eagle? (Eagle757shark: now that your guys have been stranded by the flowback and forced to leave against their will because of the flowthrough how's that 18 year contract looking?), Midwest? We can even go all the way back to Frontier 1.

Even the Legacies didn't get their money's worth with ALPA standing idly by as the 1113 contracts got shoved up everyone's butts? I'll even go 'old school' on you and bring up security screening and drug testing--thanks Hank!

ALPA people love to beat their chests about how great it is to belong to such a big, powerful union but when things go wrong the story shifts to "a union is only as strong as its members".

But, this is a democracy and I'll allow myself to be shouted down. But I'll be back in a few years to see how things are going.

Enjoy the ride! ;)

TC

P.S.--I've got friends at AirTran and they've always been great when I've flown on them. I just hate to see them get sucked in by the siren song of ALPA.

Last edited:
P.S.--I've got friends at AirTran and they've always been great when I've flown on them. I just hate to see them get sucked in by the siren song of ALPA.

What does it it really matter to you?

Good ALPA can take our information right across the street to the big D ! =Smart !

Let see you they are going to work for

15000 pilots or 1700... Heck ASA has had ALPA for years and now the DL ALPA is voting to put DL pilots in DCI carriers if they are furloughed. ASA/Comair/DCI ALPA Pilots are just excited about that.

GREAT RESOURCES ALPA!! I had your great resources as many pilots here at Airtran have, and you showed us nothing !

No THANKS, lets keep the family to family like AA,SWA.

Good ALPA can take our information right across the street to the big D ! =Smart !

15000 pilots or 1700... Heck ASA has had ALPA for years and now the DL ALPA is voting to put DL pilots in DCI carriers if they are furloughed. ASA/Comair/DCI ALPA Pilots are just excited about that.

GREAT RESOURCES ALPA!! I had your great resources as many pilots here at Airtran have, and you showed us nothing !

Another flawed arguement designed to distract and muddy the issue.....

If the APA and SWAPA are so great then why not ask them to represent you?

Look at the history. Small carriers have always played second fiddle at ALPA.

How's that contract at Comair working out? Eagle? (Eagle757shark: now that your guys have been stranded by the flowback and forced to leave against their will because of the flowthrough how's that 18 year contract looking?), Midwest? We can even go all the way back to Frontier 1.
Ok, what the hell are you talking about in your rant? I never said anything like this. (Never worked at Comair) With the TWA picture and AA in your profile I take it you hate ALPA because of the AA/TWA outcome. Now let me remind you: it was TWA management that took TWA into bankruptcy, it was TWA management that sold TWA to American. It was Carl Icahn who was destroying TWA with his Ticket deal. NONE of these things were the fault of ALPA. I can't help what happened in your senority integration with American. Most pilots on here would agree that ALPA is not perfect. I have been a member of ALPA at a previous major airline where I was furloughed. (Which by the way was the fault of managment, not ALPA) The NPA which is our current independent union, has not worked. First, the pilots at AirTran are paying around 2.2% in dues which will go down to about 1.9% with ALPA. We are paying more and getting less. What kind of damn sense does that make? Many of us see the value in the resources that ALPA has for a carrier of our size. No matter what, changing to ALPA is still going to require the AirTran pilots to make their union as good or as bad as it will be with participation.

I will say it again, we will blame the union when times are bad and disregard the union when times are good. No union makes a decision on routes, fleets, fuel hedges, or bankruptcies. Piss poor management does and your anger is aimed at the wrong culprit.

Last edited:

Scarlet you are so misinformed it is not even worth it to try anymore. You again are mixing Apples and Oranges in your argument and they don't mix. What Delta management and AirTran management want for each other has nothing to do with ALPA or any union for that matter. I will say every pilot in Atlanta wants a fair contract with good compensation and good work rules. I will say with confidence the pilots at Delta that fly similar aircraft to AirTran on the same routes want to see AirTran pilots come close to their compensation. Go to Airlinepilotcentral and compare the rates.

Again by your comments, you didn't even take the time to go to a road show and talk with pilots from the various unions that were there (Alaska, FedEx, Delta) just to name a few. Rather you vote for it or against it, atleast take the time to do your due diligence. All of these questions you pose were answered at the road shows.

Latest resources

Back