• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Nose Gear Collapse??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Anyhow....does anyone know what happened to the AT plane...surely AT must have put something out to their pilots.

Yeah right,

I can't remember the last time anything being "put out" to our pilots regarding incidents in the name of safety. Typically your left with cryptic memos, rumours, or the once a year recurrent for any dissemenation.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/state/article/0,1406,KNS_348_5137591,00.html

I just love some of the things old Tad comes up with! I'm sure they were just "high-fiving" each other on UAL's imminent demise!

Plane veers off Memphis runway into mud; no injuries reported

By The Associated Press
November 11, 2006
MEMPHIS, Tenn.- An AirTran Airways plane that landed in Memphis turned off the runway and into a patch of muddy grass. None of the passengers on board were injured, authorities say.
Tad Hutcheson, spokesman for the Olrando, Fla.-based discount carrier, said the Boeing 717 flight from Atlanta landed at Memphis International Airport on time at 11:07 p.m. Friday.
But on the way to the terminal, the pilot accidentally turned off the runway too soon and rolled into a patch of grass. The earth was muddy from thunderstorms earlier in the afternoon and the plane sank into the mud, damaging the front wheels of the aircraft.
"If it hadn't been raining, the plane might have just rolled over the grass," Hutcheson told The Commercial Appeal. Flight attendants reported no injuries to the passengers, who were shuttled to the terminal.
"The passenger reaction was exceptionally calm," Hutcheson said. "They collected their baggage and continued with their travels."
___ Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com

Copyright 2006, KnoxNews. All Rights Reserved.

Two United Air Planes Clip Each Other On O'Hare Runway
Dow Jones
CHICAGO (AP)--Aviation officials say two United Airlines (UAUA) aircraft clipped each other on a runway at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport Tuesday morning.

Chicago Department of Aviation spokeswoman Wendy Abrams says no injuries have been reported.

The incident happened around 9 a.m. CST as both planes were on the same runway, one directly behind the other. One plane began a left turn and its wing tip hit the tail of the other plane.

One of the planes was United Flight 672 heading to New York City's LaGuardia Airport with 110 passengers on board. The other was United Flight 732 to Washington D.C. area's Dulles International Airport carrying 96 passengers.

Both planes are being inspected by the airline.

Abrams says the Federal Aviation Administration has been notified. She says the National Transportation Safety Board also will be notified.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires 11-07-061109ET Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Copyright (C) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

11/07/2006 11:09 ET

I posted this to remind you that unfortunate things can happen to anyone. Its a good thing no one was hurt. I don't "high five" over others misfortunes.

What a bunch of THIN SKIN little girls. You let this upset you? It's not like you came home and found him doing your wife while you daughter was videotaping and your son was running the lights.
Of course I have been with your wife and she not worth getting upset about.

Have a nice day..
Yeah, not that you could have known, but talking about his wife probably wasn't the smartest move in the world, genius.

I'm sure you'll end up paying the $10 bucks and coming back as someone else so, when you read the responses to your post, enjoy this little gem as well:

See ya' later, a*s hole. :smash:

Back to our regularly-scheduled programming:

That's an interesting press release, I was told that it happened when the aircraft was DEPARTING, not arriving... and that from a guy who had just come in from MEM immediately after it happened and had just seen the aircraft and talked to the gate and ramp agents at the scene. Strange.

Haven't been here long enough to know if we'll get an "official" release on CrewTrac or something about it, or if it's something you'll only hear about in recurrent?

Haha....thanks lear......

Two United Air Planes Clip Each Other On O'Hare Runway
Dow Jones
CHICAGO (AP)--Aviation officials say two United Airlines (UAUA) aircraft clipped each other on a runway at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport Tuesday morning.

Chicago Department of Aviation spokeswoman Wendy Abrams says no injuries have been reported.

The incident happened around 9 a.m. CST as both planes were on the same runway, one directly behind the other. One plane began a left turn and its wing tip hit the tail of the other plane.

One of the planes was United Flight 672 heading to New York City's LaGuardia Airport with 110 passengers on board. The other was United Flight 732 to Washington D.C. area's Dulles International Airport carrying 96 passengers.

Both planes are being inspected by the airline.

Abrams says the Federal Aviation Administration has been notified. She says the National Transportation Safety Board also will be notified.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires 11-07-061109ET Copyright (c) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

Copyright (C) 2006 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

11/07/2006 11:09 ET

I posted this to remind you that unfortunate things can happen to anyone. Its a good thing no one was hurt. I don't "high five" over others misfortunes.

I agree with you 100%. My comment was alluding to Ty Webb's "high-five" remark in the thread about this very UAL incident. I appreciate your maturity, but as we all know there are some on this board who thrive on the misfortune of others. FWIW, my experience at AAI was: 90% good, safe pilots - 10% turds. At UAL: 90% good, safe pilots - 10% turds. Cheers!

I agree with you 100%. My comment was alluding to Ty Webb's "high-five" remark in the thread about this very UAL incident. I appreciate your maturity, but as we all know there are some on this board who thrive on the misfortune of others. FWIW, my experience at AAI was: 90% good, safe pilots - 10% turds. At UAL: 90% good, safe pilots - 10% turds. Cheers!

Oh, please. . . . . talk about thin skins!

The first reports made it sound as if the two aircraft smacked wingtips . . . I was joking that the two aircraft were "high-fiving" each other about finally having a profitable quarter . . . . which I thought was a pretty funny visual image.

Hey, I didn't mean to offend anyone . . . ;)

Latest resources

Back