Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLB717

Pilot=proof of Gods humor
The new training center is just about up and running. It has taken some time to move the associated hardware and people to it, and it is N I C E,. The center has multiple high tech class rooms and 3 or 4 simulator bays for our use. We will now have both ground training and simulator in one place. The last batch of DC9 transition students starts today. And the next new hire class is scheduled for March 5th. New classes will then run approximately every 3 to 4 weeks. The number of new hires for 04 is expected to be 150 or more. For the year up to 16 aircraft are expected to be delivered. 10 B717 and 6 B737. So if your currently swimming in the pool start moving to the shallow end. You should be able to get dry soon

The VP of HR said last month we were looking at 150-200 newhires for the year. Looks like 15 retirements.

What my friend said is true..I had Jill Nidiffer on the airplane the other day and got to spend about 20 minutes with her and she told me that over 150 new pilots for 2004 and classes to start in March. Plus it looks like maybe 18 new airplanes in 2004, 10 717 and 8 737. We should get 2 717 this quarter and the first 2 737 comes in June. Getting real exciting around here. Lots of upgrades soon and many new hires. Goodluck to all who are getting hired..Youll love it here!!

Awesome news, thanks guys! Any idea when they will start interviewing? My resume's should be in the short stack, I've got my fingers crossed!

FLB717

I am glad to hear that, I work for Alteon, glad to see Airtran is enjoying the training center! Have the 717 simulators been running good? Scheduling nightmare making room to move the simulators around.

cl65cap,

Not for sure but resumes have reamined basicly untouched since around sept 03. I have been told that interviews will start in/around March.

Midnightmike,
I have not heard on how they are running. I would think very well as normal. yeah moving the sims must be a bear. Alteon seems to be a goood fit with us, thanks.

That's great news, thanks for the update.

Any idea how many will be in that March 5th class? I'm #9 in the pool and I hope to get in that class.

Thanks again. Getting ready to grab my towel!

Jetstar Aviator:D

8?

Thanks so much for the update, I have prune skin and I'm exhausted from swimming.

Jetstar: How did you find out your number in the pool? I forget when I interviewed, I think it was Aug,22 2003. How about you?

Sunking,

I interviewed on Aug 19th I think.

When Greta called to cancel the Oct 9th class, I asked what number I was in the pool. She said I would be the 9th person to be called.

Jetstar Aviator

Latest resources

Back