AirTran Net Income of $134.7 Million for 2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well.....

The last few times I rode Air Tranny we had big time bad landings on nice runways.

I flew you boys the other day and both landings were sweet. "even one at KMDW"

So.. maybe I should take my comments back...

There was a new "smooth landing" fee put into effect on Jan 1st. If everyone passenger does not agree to the 2 dollar surcharge then it's drilled into the runway! :)

Professional?

we don't get paid more for nice landings.... the greater the apathy, the harder the landing...

I that how we judge a professional?

Any one of us should be able to get good landing most of the time!

No matter whether the FOM calls for a "Firm Landing" or not.

oh my gad the speelibng police

How about grammar, spelling, and proof reading.
the wrold wlil be a mcuh btter plcae wiht the spelling pcoile lokoing out for us.

if it is so how come AT is being overwhelmed with applications?

Well thats quite the rhetorical question isn't it? Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of this industry can agree that it isn't because of how great it is to work at AirTran. No, the real reason is that most of the Apps I'm sure are from regional pilots where as hard as it is to believe, it's even worse and lower paying there! A nasty, and despicable industry this is huh?

I that how we judge a professional?

No, but we oughta judge it by how little one is willing to work for. If you accept an unprofessional wage for a professional job, then that in itself makes you unprofessional, and ruins it for everyone else who may be needing to earn a living. And there isn't a regional FO payscale that has professional wages.

AirTran Net Income of $134.7 Million for 2009

Well thats a no brainer!! When you have 737 FO's making 70 bucks an hour and CA's 130, how could you NOT be earning a significant profit?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back