• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran national groundstop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"..no shortage of d0uchebag Captains, frantically trying to do everyone else's job.."

Ty,

I'll buy you a cold one if I ever bump into you somewhere.

So many people can't understand the above simple concept. It's one of the main reasons I don't think I can ever go back to airline flying...

Groundstops just mean it's time to put the DVD player up on the glareshield and break out the snacks.

YKMKR

Last edited:
Ty,

I'll buy you a cold one if I ever bump into you somewhere.

You can find me and my swingin' brother, Yurgi at the Fox Bar on most nights, where we cruise for chicks with those big American breastages!

You'll know us by our many medallions and our tight slacks!

Last edited:
You have no way computing your own numbers?

we have takeoff numbers but no way of calculating weight or trim setting. we are not given a bag count like express. we know pax count but do not get a count on where they are seated for CG. and if we did we have no whiz wheel like express.

so without a weight number to put into the FMS or a trim setting we cannot go.

Ah Yes! Windows 57!

no crap, those Apple II's are powerful you know.

the printers we have in the crew room(s) at mainline (to print out your trip pairing) are the same as the first printer I ever saw in the 3rd grade back in 1982. Our printers are one step above a hand cranked ditto machine. We can't replace them because it would cause complete chaos among our technology handicap baby boomer crews.

US Airs' computers are about on par with the TI99 my sister and I got for christmas in 1983.

anyone remember the program called Logo?

FD50, RT90, FD50, RT90, FD50, RT90, FD50
OR
R360(FD1, RT90)

go turtle go, draw that box.......

Last edited:
Hey, you said "eastern" . . . you owe me a beer.

Back to the subject at hand .. . . I'll bet there was no shortage of d0uchebag Captains, frantically trying to do everyone else's job . . . amd completey oblivious to the fact that they have been out of Contract since Dubya's first term.

Feds called me in C-TWR the other day during the mess and asked me to please tell the crews to stop calling MCN flight service to file their own flight plans. Duplicate flight plans were popping up and causing confusion. A lot were calling and giving FL instead of TRS and also giving the wrong equip suffix...and ICAO rules were recently put in according to the tower guy that prohibits them from going in to admend certain things....it was definitely a CF

Latest resources

Back