• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran. Moving in MSP- 5/18 !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard Sun Country and Air Tran were working on a code share deal. Maybe that has something to do with the move. I heard Air Tran wants to expand their flights out of MSP.

It's amazing to me that an airline that is in such financial dire straights has the ability to whip MAC around. I know this deal has been in the making for a while, but MAC needs to grow a spine and start catering to the airlines that don't have redtails as well. Previous mgmt has bilked the state of MN out of hundreds of millions of dollars(ie maint base in Hibbing to the tune of $600 million that never happened)current mgmt has allienated much of he travelling public with fare structures out of MSP that supplement travelers from other states connecting through MSP(DSM for example), Union busting reorganization tactics. I could go on. It's kind of like a dog that keeps going back to it's owner after it's been beaten repeatedly.

FWIW-

The Humphrey operation seems more desirable than the main terminal....

--less congestion (in the terminal, roadways, etc...)

--newer facility

--easier taxi in & out

--doesn't have the "fall of saigon" feeling

One problem is that a lot of pax have no idea there are 2 terminals. Many times, pax have asked me "which way to the Sun Country gates?" when they are in the middle of the main terminal. The explanation that follows leaves them with the "deer in the headlights" look.

Latest resources

Back