AirTran. Moving in MSP- 5/18 !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mnboyev

Well, MAC got ol Tranny to move over to Humphrey.. 2 gates.. on May 18th.

Got to keep them fares low..probably saving big dough on gate space.. I think we'll be by Mid EX and Sun Country. Rumor is gates 9 and 10... I guess parking is a bit better....

Also, up to 5 flights a day to Midway from MSP; starting later in May. Now, they just have to tell everyone in MSP about it !! Cmon Tad ... get on the radio.. run an add in the Strib... Cmon...

I asked some pax... got mixed results.. most like the Main Terminal over Humphrey.. But why ask the customer right.. ?

The gate agent in MSP told me a couple of days ago that we were getting kicked out of the main terminal by NWA and had to move to the Humphrey. It wasn't our choice.

Judging by the Northwest Airlines signs all over the jetway and our gates in MSP, im sure we lease them from Northwest at a high price, im sure that Northwest doesnt want to help the competition. Besides I heard that they completey remodeled the Humphery terminal and its like new (is this true?). If so sounds good to me.

-----------------------

AirTran Airways to Relocate Its Operations to Humphrey Terminal at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
Wednesday May 3, 402 pm ET

ORLANDO, Fla., May 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways (NYSE: AAI - News), a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc., announced today that it will officially relocate its operations to the Humphrey Terminal at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport on May 18, 2006. AirTran Airways, which has operated out of the Lindbergh Terminal since May 3, 2001, will relocate to Gates H9 and H10 at the Humphrey Terminal, which opened in 2001.

"AirTran Airways is very excited about our relocation to the Humphrey Terminal because it will mean more comfort and convenience for our customers," said Joe Leonard, AirTran Airways' chairman and chief executive officer. "This move will also allow us to further streamline our operating costs so that we can continue to offer low fares to our customers."
AirTran Airways currently operates five daily flights to Atlanta, four to Chicago and one daily flight to Orlando out of Gates E1 and E3 at the Lindbergh Terminal. On May 9, the airline will include an additional daily flight to Chicago.
AirTran Airways, a Fortune 1000 company and one of America's largest low- fare airlines with 7,000 friendly, professional Crew Members, operates over 600 daily flights to 50 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield- Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where it is the second largest carrier. AirTran Airways recently added the fuel-efficient Boeing 737-700 aircraft to create America's youngest all-Boeing fleet. The airline is also the first carrier to install XM Satellite Radio on a commercial aircraft and the only airline with Business Class and XM Satellite Radio on every flight. For reservations or more information, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran).

No way

Is this the same Joe Leonard that use to be at NWA?......:eek: :puke:

It's part of a deal between the MAC and NWA that everyone gets kicked out except NWA and it's partners DAL,CAL and KLM. Everyone else gets moved out to the other terminal.

IMHO, it's a better deal. If you land on 35, you can turn right off to your gate. For the other outfits, it will be MUCH better for quick turns.

Nu

IXLR8 said:
Is this the same Joe Leonard that use to be at NWA?......:eek: :puke:

Dude, you don't want to go there.

NuGuy said:
It's part of a deal between the MAC and NWA that everyone gets kicked out except NWA and it's partners DAL,CAL and KLM. Everyone else gets moved out to the other terminal.

IMHO, it's a better deal. If you land on 35, you can turn right off to your gate. For the other outfits, it will be MUCH better for quick turns.

Nu

This is total BS and makes things much worse for those of who commute to/from MSP.
Total overreaching by NWA by seeking to gain an absolute monopoly at their hubs.
FU NWA management and MAC for allowing it!

AA,UAL,USAirways, and Frontier are staying in the main terminal, while the Humphrey terminal is very nice it can not handle ALL other airlines serving MSP.

Airtran is in the OAL wing with the above mentioned carriers, wondering why NWA would put flights out of that gate away from the rest, not to mention while NWA shrinks why would they need more gates?

AAflyer

MSP commuter

Yes eventually all airlines except NWA and its partners will be at the new Humphrey terminal, wich was completely rebuilt in 2001. It currently has 10 gates with plans to expand to 26 gates. seeeee yaaaaa!!!!!!!

The gates we use at 'Lindy' are leased from NWA... and I understand that they wanted to move all OA out to Humphrey... AA, Frontier, United, USAir and the like... However, this was before NWA had some money issues and stopped paying MAC big dough..? Kinda like Detroit I guess..??

It is a money issue, and I think we are missing the boat on this one. Humphrey is a 'Charter Terminal' to sustain the huge winter snowbird travel.. it should not be used for other airlines.. Connecting to Lindy is difficult at best with a pretty confusing light rail thing .. We got sold a bag of doo doo... in my opinion.. If it is so good United and American would have already been there... Another gate screw up by Orlando.... Oh by the way.. they havent told anybody about it... even the paying customer.. I'd like to sell tickets to watch the show.. free popcorn included .. seating on the Mezzanine overlooking the ticket counter.. LOL...

What do the Mid Ex folks think of the move ? Maybe it will work ...dunno..

Latest resources

Back