Airtran miffed at Budweiser

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
radarlove said:
AirTran, which is the former ValuJet Airlines, and other discount flyers have long fought perceptions that low-price fares mean less safety. Previous generations of discount carriers flew aging planes, offered bare-bones service and suffered a lack of confidence after ValuJet Flight 592 caught fire and crashed in the Florida Everglades in 1996, killing 110 on board.

Why is it when I read articles about US Airways, I don't read that "US Airways had 5 major accidents in a five year period", or "Northwest Airlines, who crashed a DC-9 in DTW when they attempted to takeoff without slats".

Or, Southwest is adding service to Denver, "Citizens of San Jose are warning the airport authority to remove all gas stations from the immediate vicinity of all runways and taxiways, as Southwest has an affinity for high speed airport operations"

Look, I worked for US Airways, and I have friends at both Southwest and Northwest, but even though AirTran is vastly different, and better, since 1996, we still get the everglades thing brought up.

I just need to accept that AirTran will never be the media darling and have the associated hype that Southwest and JetBlue enjoy. (I'll stop now, let the flaming begin).

I thought it was funny!!!!:laugh: I have complete faith in the pilots on ANY airline that I fly on.

People are just way to sensitive any more. They get offended from tv commercials, radio commercials, the pledge of allegiance, a nativity scene in a city park. People just need to grow a pair and realize the world isn't here to cater to their every whim.

So this is a REAL commercial Bud is running? I thought it was pretty funny, but I also thought it was a spoof.

I'm thinking radarlove has fooled everyone. Notice there is no mention at the top or bottom of the article of where this supposed article came from.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
I'm thinking radarlove has fooled everyone. Notice there is no mention at the top or bottom of the article of where this supposed article came from.

Nope, real, taken from Wall Street Journal.

BSkin said:
I thought it was funny as he!!. I can also see why some mgmnt folks would get pi$$ed. But as Mr Discount Airline Guy, if you can't get the joke, know it's just a joke, then grow a spine.

So TexaSWA fo guy, what's you're beef w/ the mil, or just joking, ie. the gist of this thread?

I don't think he has a "beef" with the military. I think he's obviously flown a few trips with say, a few retired military dudes who haven't bought new civilian clothing since 1982. :D

If you can "help" those dudes, please do so!!

Leonard is going to pull Bud off the planes!?

That might make Auggie Busch stop buying tickets on Airtran...

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
Please give me a little more credit than this. If I'd have written a satire, it would have been a lot more humorous than that that article.

Steeler Fan said:
Why is it when I read articles about US Airways, I don't read that "US Airways had 5 major accidents in a five year period", or "Northwest Airlines, who crashed a DC-9 in DTW when they attempted to takeoff without slats".

Or, Southwest is adding service to Denver, "Citizens of San Jose are warning the airport authority to remove all gas stations from the immediate vicinity of all runways and taxiways, as Southwest has an affinity for high speed airport operations"

Look, I worked for US Airways, and I have friends at both Southwest and Northwest, but even though AirTran is vastly different, and better, since 1996, we still get the everglades thing brought up.

I just need to accept that AirTran will never be the media darling and have the associated hype that Southwest and JetBlue enjoy. (I'll stop now, let the flaming begin).

Very, very true.

Latest resources

Back