• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran, Midwest Merger DEAD!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tonight AirTran Airways withdrew its offer for Midwest Airlines and will allow its offer to expire!

And the rest of the story is?

Waiting for an announcement from one of the other 3 interested parties.........

The MEH board is going to be defending itself from some serious lawsuits from po'd shareholders now.
I wish the employees there all the best.

you're making no sense, someone ELSE is buying the shares at probably the SAME price as what airtran was getting.

what basis would be the lawsuit?

NWA buys MEH Together with private equity firm....

http://www.reuters.com/article/mergersNews/idUSN1227736320070813

".....AirTran said Midwest's board chose to sell the airline to a private equity firm and a 'passive' investor. Additional details were not immediately available. Midwest could not be immediately reached for comment.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday that Northwest Airlines Corp. (NWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) was considering partnering as a passive investor with one of the parties now weighing a bid for Midwest. (Reporting by Jessica Hall, editing by Valerie Lee)

Last edited:
you're making no sense, someone ELSE is buying the shares at probably the SAME price as what airtran was getting.

what basis would be the lawsuit?

I could be wrong but I'm betting the deal is not as favorable to existing shareholders as AAI's offer. I'm betting the offer they are accepting is more attractive to MEH Board members but not investors.

I could be wrong but I'm betting the deal is not as favorable to existing shareholders as AAI's offer. I'm betting the offer they are accepting is more attractive to MEH Board members but not investors.

from what i have heard the price was CASH equivalent of the airtran offer (about $15/share). investors love CASH versus cash with equity.

you are correct though regarding if the value is less, then lawsuits we may see filed.

i only hope the MD80 replacement is funded through this transaction.

i would expect AAI stock to shoot up tomorrow.

That's what BODs and CEOs do best--take care of themselves! I certainly wish it weren't that way. Nobody knows this game better then the current NWA executive suite. They are doing quite well for themselves.

one other thing regarding airbus.....

who is selling some airbus? NWA is dumping some of theirs (however i thought someone else had already bought them). so the reported virgin meeting and NWA makes sense, sort of.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back