• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC voted no

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Southwest comes out with a conversion schedule for the AAI 737s in Sept 2011 and that's big deal?

The other was an agreement for an ATL base. It has to be a 737 base because there won't be a 717. And that's a big deal too?

Yawn.

If its no big deal then why not tell us about it?
It's these back door deals that make us distrust you.

How is did they get raped? If you look at all the other work groups that went to arbitration it look like the Airtran pilots came out about the same if not ahead? What did you expect DOH or Relative? It wasn't a merger of equals and that was pointed out over and over through arbitration.

When FEDEX ACQUIRED/BOUGHT/merged/etc. (whatever you experts want to call it) a bankrupt small airline which consisted of roughly 10+ airplanes the pilots got integrated by RELATIVE seniority. #1 guy in FT was paired with the #1 guy in FEDEX.

It will be ironic if one day SW guys get stapled by AirChina :).

Has happened in the past and will happen to someone in the future. I see plenty of 55 year old former Boeing check airmen flying reserve FO schedules and living in crashpads.

Humility, that's my advice to SW fellas.

Fellow SWAPA Pilots,

Today the AirTran MEC sent a message to their pilots stating that two Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) were agreed to between Southwest Airlines and SWAPA without the "knowledge of or consultation with the ATN MEC or the ATN pilot group." The MOUs referenced address the aircraft conversion (agreed to in September 2011) and the opening of the ATL pilot domicile (agreed to December 2012).

Both MOUs were agreements between SWAPA and SWA. They are consistent with the Seniority Integration Agreement (SIA) and with our CBA. These MOUs do not change the intent or execution of the three-party Seniority Integration Agreements.

The Aircraft Conversion MOU states that all AirTran 737 conversions will be completed no later than September 1, 2014 to ensure that all upgrades resulting from the transition of the 737 would be accomplished in a timely manner as not to conflict with the January 1, 2015 transition deadline.

SL10 (as part of the SIA) grants SWAPA and SWA the authority to modify the requirement for a 717 Atlanta domicile with mutual agreement. Due to the transition of the 717 aircraft to Delta, there will be no SWA 717's to open an Atlanta domicile. In accordance with SL10, SWA and SWAPA mutually agreed to open an Atlanta 737 domicile instead of an Atlanta 717 domicile.

If you hear any rumors on the line please contact your Domicile Reps for the facts. Thank you for staying engaged and if more details emerge, we will keep you informed.

Mark

Try to be happy - you sorry #$cks....

When FEDEX ACQUIRED/BOUGHT/merged/etc. (whatever you experts want to call it) a bankrupt small airline which consisted of roughly 10+ airplanes the pilots got integrated by RELATIVE seniority. #1 guy in FT was paired with the #1 guy in FEDEX.

It will be ironic if one day SW guys get stapled by AirChina :).

Has happened in the past and will happen to someone in the future. I see plenty of 55 year old former Boeing check airmen flying reserve FO schedules and living in crashpads.

Humility, that's my advice to SW fellas.

Yup......

get over it RAT. quit if you don't like it. "try to be happy you sorry bitches" nothing to see here. Your Union is doing you no favors.

get over it RAT. quit if you don't like it. "try to be happy you sorry bitches" nothing to see here. Your Union is doing you no favors.

I think I read you are planning on bidding ATL. That's great for you if that's where you currently live. The AT purchase was a big win for you!

I think I read you are planning on bidding ATL. That's great for you if that's where you currently live. The AT purchase was a big win for you!

Don't live there. Going for seniority reasons only.

Latest resources

Back