• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran MEC Special Message

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midwest was different. There was no 40% pay raise offered and a chance to work for a fun profitable carrier. You think the midwest MEC would have turned that down?? Not.

Your company was bought and the rules are different in circumstances like this. If your union didn't inform you of this or educate you on Southwest Airlines merger history than you were screwed or complacent or maybe both. Southwest doesn't want your 717 but I don't have a crystal ball so I'll leave it at that. Fluid situation and I hope it works out.

Actually, if the AAI purchase of Midwest had gone through, you would have had all that, and had more SWA seniority in the long run, which, I'm sure chaps your ass! ;)

That seniority list resulted in an average loss of relative seniority of 22% for AirTran pilots and over a 30% loss of relative seniority for some of our pilots.

There they go with the relative mind warp again. Even if we gave you DOH you would all lose relative seniority. This guy is a real genius, I can't believe he is actually a pilot.

Latest resources

Back