• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran MEC at SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Until we are integrated ALPA is our bargaining agent and our current TA will govern our ops as Airtran or whatever we will be called during the process. Based on how he treats his current employees I really don't think he or his interim management will do anything other than follow our contract IMHO. I don't see as there is much to deal with. GK simply has to wait for SWAPA and ALPA to hash out an integration plan. Once that is done I am guessing that it is only a few computer keystrokes and a trip to Texas to put us on SWAPA's contract.

I hope we can all look at the big picture before and after this is all done. After talking to half a dozen AT guy's, They said they will be relieved after they are on swa property.

I hope we can all look at the big picture before and after this is all done. After talking to half a dozen AT guy's, They said they will be relieved after they are on swa property.

Most here are reasonable just as I imagine most at your camp are the same. This will be a fair deal for most and there will be a few that are disappointed. In a few years this will all be behind us, there will be growth and all will forget all about the SLI. Its all good folks. Just find your happy place because this is going to take a year or so. In the end we will all have the same goal. One big ass strong mofo of an airline.
:beer:

That isn't the truth. Linden tried to call an impromptu meeting with Gary Kelly to discuss transition agreement items. Gary said no way and Swapa agreed. Gary told Linden to talk to Airtran management if he had anything he wanted to discuss. Gary is SWA and Linden isn't yet. Enough said. I visited with one of the SWA transition team. He told me the entire story. It is sad that you Alpa guys stoop to the level of misinformation that you do. Todd, tell the truth and fess up if you want respect. It is no wonder there is a recall a week over at your airline.

Last edited:
Just not true. But if it makes you guys feel better to think it is, then go for it.

Just not true. But if it makes you guys feel better to think it is, then go for it.

Maybe he didn't tell you. The corporate transition team member also said Kelly told Linden the operations would not be combined if the SLI goes to arbitration.

Did your MEC Chairman tell you that little nugget? Sure you know, but have either of you told the membership or your LEC? I do not miss ALPA at all.

Last edited:
In that case, why not ask for a permanent staple for all of the airtran pilots. All future new hires will go above any AAI pilot. Sounds like you have nothing to lose.

You have a Merry Christmas too!

"Did your MEC Chairman tell you that little nugget? Sure you know, but have either of you told the membership or your LEC? I do not miss ALPA at all.".....................

And that is exactly why the pilots at Airtran are looking forward to being represented by the PILOTS of SWAPA working for the pilot group at SWA. We get "politcal wannabees" who are more interested in their own career than the careers of their pilots. Airtran pilots could not have asked for a better merger committee to represent them. Political infighting has left this pilot group with a lack of leadership. (Not that there was much to start with.) Many of our committees are staffed with volunteers that go above and beyond taking care of the pilot group. We are looking forward to being part of a team that is supported by management and by the union and not left to "fly it and grieve it."

The aai pilots should make this a done deal. Get on swa property and start realising the benefits of the swa contract by mar/apr. This is a huge deal for the swa pilots; don't miss the opportunity to get onto the swa contract asap. Don't miss this opportunity!!

Latest resources

Back