• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Leaving Savana

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think in that case, our plan is to pay too much purchasing replacements for the airplanes we just sold.

That would make sense when you look at how they implemented their fuel hedging program. Buy when it is high and sell when it is low. Then blame the employees for being too expensive.

Airtran has been successful in the past landing incentives from local airports/communities to operate flights in and out of their cities. Unfortunately for Airtran and other airlines who use this method of expanding their route network, some of these incentives are expiring and some airports who are cash-strapped due to the reduction in revenue are re-thinking this method. Spirit is losing some incentives that FLL had in place for giving airlines a break in fees if new destinations were added to/from FLL-- I'm sure this had a major impact on their bottom line too.

Airtran has been successful in the past landing incentives from local airports/communities to operate flights in and out of their cities. Unfortunately for Airtran and other airlines who use this method of expanding their route network, some of these incentives are expiring and some airports who are cash-strapped due to the reduction in revenue are re-thinking this method. Spirit is losing some incentives that FLL had in place for giving airlines a break in fees if new destinations were added to/from FLL-- I'm sure this had a major impact on their bottom line too.

Heyas Blue,

Either that, or the municipalities have just figured out what happens when their subsidies run out.

Nu

You can't pin that one on me. You know Austin bears a striking resemblance to Dallas.

Nice avatar. I can send you the original if you want to put the image on a t-shirt or something.

Latest resources

Back