• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Leaving Savana

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We add CHM and Harrisburg and drop SAV...unreal.

Like the article said, Savannah has been on the route map for a long time. I remember flying Valujet soon after it's start on ATL-SAV in 1994. At least our reservations center won't shut down.

Anybody at AirTran know where ship 314 is going? Saw it with all titles/paint removed today doing a "test flight" and when I called mx control they didn't know, which was weird.

Also heard ship 772 is going back to Hawaiian! Wonder if 771 will follow?!?

So there I was in TLH, commuting to IAD to work. No sweat, 'da Trannie guys are great, Then TLH got dropped.

Then I moved to SAV and a few jobs later I'm faced with the dreaded two leg transcon commute. Hey Tranners, can I catch a ride? Again, the nicest crews in the sky, and very reliable to boot. So now SAV goes bye bye.

Now I live near IAD. This one next guys?

How much you pay me NOT to move to ATL? :)

Thanks again for all the rides!

And just watch the surprised looks on the faces of the people in SAV after DL has the market to themselves.

I was in TLH after the pullout. The paper was full of crying. "I loved AirTran's prices but needed my DL miles. What happened?"

Your turn SAV... get ready for the gouge!

We add CHM and Harrisburg and drop SAV...unreal.

Like the article said, Savannah has been on the route map for a long time. I remember flying Valujet soon after it's start on ATL-SAV in 1994. At least our reservations center won't shut down.

Anybody at AirTran know where ship 314 is going? Saw it with all titles/paint removed today doing a "test flight" and when I called mx control they didn't know, which was weird.

Also heard ship 772 is going back to Hawaiian! Wonder if 771 will follow?!?

I heard that due to some wierd alignment of the financing and insurance that 314 was our most expensive 737. Don't know where it is going but if you are going to sell some aircraft - it does make sense to sell your most expensive aircraft.

It is obvious management is implementing a "retrenchment/cash saving plan".
Any other Trannies out there wonder if they have a plan of what to do if oil/jet fuel continues to fall?

I think in that case, our plan is to pay too much purchasing replacements for the airplanes we just sold.

I pulled out of Savana a long time ago.

Latest resources

Back