Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran, Leather Jackets on the way out ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mnboyev said:
ahhh.... just get the Sew Fine lady off of Virginia Ave to put a little velcro on it.. Yeah... not sure bout them epaulettes ? I know the company jackets... latest anyway... were Cooper brand.. thinking based in NJ ??

Mnboyev,

Who is this sew fine lady? My coats zipper got smashed in the cockpit door, can she replace it? Got a number?

New guy question: what exactly has go be on the leather jacket for it to be regulation? I know it has to have the epaulets, but does it have to have the name patch? The company store site showed it both ways but didn't indicate what is required. Thanks.

If you cant have the leather jacket anymore, are you still allowed to order them outside the company if you are new hire just getting ready to start.

Phaedrus said:
New guy question: what exactly has go be on the leather jacket for it to be regulation? I know it has to have the epaulets, but does it have to have the name patch? The company store site showed it both ways but didn't indicate what is required. Thanks.

I'd order the coat direct from LLBean (the UNinsulated coat) and get the epaulettes from HP Direct. I wouldn't worry too much about the name patch.

Gotta have the patch or it is not in complience and the uniform police will get you.

“I wouldn't worry too much about the name patch.”

I was reminded a couple of times by some captains that my jacket NEEDED a name patch (I was still waiting for it to be delivered) – after all, our regulations do (or did) require it.

The “sew fine lady” is the lady at the Abbots store on Virginia Avenue, she does a great job and is inexpensive.

AV80R said:
I was reminded a couple of times by some captains that my jacket NEEDED a name patch (I was still waiting for it to be delivered) – after all, our regulations do (or did) require it.

There's your answer, tell them it's on back order. What kind of tool would even care enough to mention it?

I haven't flow with any capt in over 5 years.

The pleather jackets are sh*t anyway. They are wanna-be-tool-shi*- brown pleather.

They match navy blue really well. We should get the ones that SWA has.

You know they are bad when a freight dog with zero style won't even wear one...

Latest resources

Back