Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran, Leather Jackets on the way out ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wear 'em when it's colder than hell. Otherwise, it's the Captain Steubing look.

We retired the 35% that were tools . . . . didn't you get the memo?

Heh-heh. COme over to the 737, we're 97% tool-free, and the remaining 3 guys you can bid around.

Ty Webb said:
COme over to the 737, we're 97% tool-free, and the remaining 3 guys you can bid around.

Ty,
I'm sure those other 2 guys don't appreciate you calling them tools.

Heh-heh. I don't know . . . . I'd ask 'em, but they're living in a van . . . down by the river. . . . and he was a 717 guy.

Oh, wait, he retired this year. ;)

Last edited:
It's official, a recent crew message says the leather jackets are history starting next year.

-9Capt said:
It's official, a recent crew message says the leather jackets are history starting next year.

True, however next (2006) winter. Maybe Joe could give all of us who only have the leather jacket a free blazer -- yeah, I know I'm dreaming.

Just a thought in regards to the wearing of a blazer... if you have only one blazer to wear, you will have to dry clean it along with all of the trousers you wear with it. If you do not keep them dry cleaned together you will have a different shade of blue over time. Miniscule point but a point none the less.
Why do they call it a "pair" of trousers anyway...

Just thinking

I am so bummed about this. First, the leather jacket is much more comfortable. Second, it is much easier to drag around with you on trips without worrying about wrinkles, etc. Third, you don't have to dry clean a leather jacket. Fourth, it's warmer and a fine makeshift raincoat to boot.
Does anyone know if you can get away with simply getting the blazer, or is it a must to get the blazer and the trenchcoat?....something else to drag around!

BSkin said:
True, however next (2006) winter. Maybe Joe could give all of us who only have the leather jacket a free blazer -- yeah, I know I'm dreaming.

What do you mean "give"? It's in the contract. If they change the uniform, they have to provide the item. Fill out the grievance form. When they have to choose between paying for 700 or 800 jackets at $200. a pop, the leather jackets will stay.

Fill out the form and relax.

Ty Webb said:
What do you mean "give"? It's in the contract. If they change the uniform, they have to provide the item. Fill out the grievance form. When they have to choose between paying for 700 or 800 jackets at $200. a pop, the leather jackets will stay.

Fill out the form and relax.

Good point! But at the same time, don't you think they'll find a way out of that, since the blazer was an option, when I opted for the leather?

I will try that when the time comes though.

Latest resources

Back