• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran knew uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not wearing your hats? Wow, that would really be sticking to them, that's some serious hard ball your playing. Don't stand up and fight, just take your hat off, that will really show them!

By the way, the American guys tried the same thing and were basically laughed out of the airport. They didn't wear their hats and nobody even cared.

Management was scared to death with all these hat-less pilots running around.

15% paycut? ********************, some of the regionals will almost be making as much then. Life was a lot easier I bet when there weren't 100 airlines around.

good luck though.

Management will never see this unity. For one thing, unless you're at Delta, no one wears their hat anyways.

If you really want to get management's attention, there's other ways to do that. Management doesn't see anything from their leather chair except their pocketbook.

I don't pay ALPA so they can tell me when or when to not wear my hat every few years. That's the stupidest act of solidarity I've ever heard of.

This is why pilots never get anywhere these days. We think leaving our hats at home is a major sign of rebellion in the name of unity.

No, striking is your test of unity. And vote for McCain so he can take that ability away from us.

You still aren't getting it. It's not for management to see really. And it's not done to piss them off. It's done for your coworkers to see. I'm in a unique position to know exactly the affects of unity on a pilot group that 99.9% of the pilots on this board don't understand. A simple request and some folks can't do anything but fight their union on that.

Some guys on here want to pop off about how weak it is. It's just a simple request and many on here sound as if they wouldn't oblige. Others say their airline doesn't wear hat's anyway. Well that's cool. It doesn't have to be a hat. It could be something else very simple to show a sign of solidarity.

You still aren't getting it. It's not for management to see really. And it's not done to piss them off. It's done for your coworkers to see. I'm in a unique position to know exactly the affects of unity on a pilot group that 99.9% of the pilots on this board don't understand. A simple request and some folks can't do anything but fight their union on that.

Some guys on here want to pop off about how weak it is. It's just a simple request and many on here sound as if they wouldn't oblige. Others say their airline doesn't wear hat's anyway. Well that's cool. It doesn't have to be a hat. It could be something else very simple to show a sign of solidarity.

Try yellow or red lanyards.... that seems to be the rage for all the high school hot heads at my airline!

How about butterfly tattoos on the small of the back? It makes a statement and it's pretty.

Forgot about that one?

No.

I purposefully spell clown with a "K" when referring to Airline Management types.

A "Clown" is a consummate Professional.

To insinuate, or infer through the proper spelling of their title, that Management/KLOWNS are even remotely in the same category as real Clowns would be an insult to all Clowns.

D. Bag

Last edited:

I guess I just don't see it. To me it looks like a form of pseudo-science.

Its shocking the lack of spelling and grammar skills that many have on this board! And to think most have a college degree!!!

European keyboard...sorry. Forgot to use the AltGr key!

Does your European keyboard cause you to begin sentences with "And"?

Got sentence?
:D

Not wearing hats at AirTran would indeed pi$$ off the mangagement here.

For some unknown reason(maybe because KG is european, and you know how they like thier uniforms)they have a real Hard on for them.

You bash us for this idea but I still get an email daily from United Airlines with a picture of a light switch in the ON or OFF position telling the UAL pilots whether or not to wear thier hats that day. Where is the conjones at UAL? or any other airline that is working under a concessionary contract for that matter.

People on this board bash AirTran/Npa alot, but if you ask me I say this whole industry is ladened with a bunch of berdachees who pretend to be macho when they talk about the other airlines.

Latest resources

Back