AirTran knew uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew they had uniforms, too.

Oh, and btw guys, if you think management gives a crap whether or not you wear a hat or a tie, you're sadly mistaken. The only people who care are other pilots who have a stick up their a$$.

Usually from Texas.

Ha, Ha! This one gets Ty's vote for Post of the Day!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TW

Yep, ditching the hat will really show them! Here are some further suggestions sure to really rile the management team up:

-Different colored socks, left sock black, right sock blue.
-Leaving shoes untied, better yet, velcro shoes.
-Different colored belt than shoes.
-Black Crocs; or even better, NASCAR team Crocs.
-Competitor airline lanyard.
-Selling sticker space on flight bags to sponsors to compensate for pay cut. (Quiznos, Starbucks, Panda Express, etc.)

Keep on keeping on, don't forget to negotiate for optional hats and leather coats next time around for decreased scope, retirement, etc!

-Different colored socks, left sock black, right sock blue

We already have a check airmen that does this, because he can not grow a pony tail.

I knew they had uniforms, too.

Oh, and btw guys, if you think management gives a crap whether or not you wear a hat or a tie, you're sadly mistaken. The only people who care are other pilots who have a stick up their a$$.

Usually from Texas.

You and many others don't get it. You think the whole hat thing is about pissing off management? If that's what you think then you're mistaken. It's not to get rise out of management. It is to show a sign of unity. Unity is too underrated. When you can have the entire pilot group of like mind is a powerful thing. So if your MEC requested, but not directed folks to not wear their hat and folks like you get upset about it not being strong enough. It's a simple sign of solidarity and if folks can't even do that then I'd hate to look at what an airlines numbers would be if they had to seek self help through a strike.

Taking the hat off is simple. It's supposed to be. And some folks like yourself still give it pushback. The folks who request it aren't being week. It's the folks who question or refuse to cooperate that diminish solidarity.

The folks who request it aren't being week. It's the folks who question or refuse to cooperate that diminish solidarity.

I agree 100%. But which week were you talking about?

VOTE FOR STRIKE!!!!
Come on, DO IT, DO IT

NPA putting out a strike vote after turning down 3 TAs? Nope never. You need a union with money and power. If your going to pay thousands to a union why not get your moneys worth. How about a real LTD plan and Loss of Lic. Ins that doesnt leave you working as a Wal Mart greeter heaven forbid.

You and many others don't get it. You think the whole hat thing is about pissing off management? If that's what you think then you're mistaken. It's not to get rise out of management. It is to show a sign of unity. Unity is too underrated. When you can have the entire pilot group of like mind is a powerful thing. So if your MEC requested, but not directed folks to not wear their hat and folks like you get upset about it not being strong enough. It's a simple sign of solidarity and if folks can't even do that then I'd hate to look at what an airlines numbers would be if they had to seek self help through a strike.

Taking the hat off is simple. It's supposed to be. And some folks like yourself still give it pushback. The folks who request it aren't being week. It's the folks who question or refuse to cooperate that diminish solidarity.

Management will never see this unity. For one thing, unless you're at Delta, no one wears their hat anyways.

If you really want to get management's attention, there's other ways to do that. Management doesn't see anything from their leather chair except their pocketbook.

I don't pay ALPA so they can tell me when or when to not wear my hat every few years. That's the stupidest act of solidarity I've ever heard of.

This is why pilots never get anywhere these days. We think leaving our hats at home is a major sign of rebellion in the name of unity.

No, striking is your test of unity. And vote for McCain so he can take that ability away from us.

Did no one get my Iconic or Ironic Sarcasm.

I'm not really sure you entirely "knew" or "gneu" either but good attempt at back peddling.....

Latest resources

Back