• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have a class in less than a month that you haven't filled yet? Sounds like a well oiled machine.

Gup

Let's also be grateful that both of our airlines are hiring. More pilots with the jobs they want. More FO's becoming CA's ..... Hopefully.

You have a class in less than a month that you haven't filled yet? Sounds like a well oiled machine.

Gup

Gup, before the merger was announced you always seemed professional on here anyway.....There is nothing you or I can do about the merger, so we might as well just agree to disagree. This internal bickering will not help the combined carrier...just make things worse... and I am sure your union, much like ours has told us to just keep quite about expectations and SLI.

FWIW....the 1/2 of the class is returning pilots from leave (after furlough in 08). So the company had to see how many were coming back before calling off the street guys.

Well. I still "try" to be professional and polite. You're right though, this whole Airtran PURCHASE has made me a little pissy.

A month ago all of them would have told you how much their job sucked and how much they hated their company. Today all you hear is "oh my God I just love what we have here at Airtran" or "we didn't want this 'merger', we wanted to stand alone."

If we would all just be honest with each other it'd sure be nice now wouldn't it?

Rant off. Silence mode re-engaged. Thanks for the reminder.

Gup

Gup-when all this is said and done how bout we just buy each other a beer or two! We probably will both need it! BTW, I would say that the most vocal guys at either airline are the 10%ers, and really would never be happy anywhere they work!

Me, I just want a stable job where I can support my family and not have to be worried about being laid off every couple of years.

8v8tr,
So your saying you would be happy with a staple and no furlough clause at SWA...good pay and great security.

Are the last batch of newhires likely to fly the 717 or the 737NG? I'd probably want to get some 717 time before eventually transferring over to the 737NG for the rest of my career...

Are the last batch of newhires likely to fly the 717 or the 737NG? I'd probably want to get some 717 time before eventually transferring over to the 737NG for the rest of my career...

Even split 12 717 & 12 737 for the October 18th class.

Won't know about November until it gets a little closer.

8v8tr,
So your saying you would be happy with a staple and no furlough clause at SWA...good pay and great security.

MRW....where i sit on the list it would not really matter, but would a staple be fair and equitable for the group? Would that not make 1700 pissed off pilots and 5800 happy ones a good place to work? What would happen to the combined carrier then? Probably not good for the long haul.

We both know that there is winners and losers in the SLI, but I think once the merger is complete we will have one HE!! of an airline and one where we all can retire and make some $ and not have to worry about our jobs every few years!!!

Plus I am pretty sure with the new legislation on the books a staple is not possible.

FWIW

Well. I still "try" to be professional and polite. You're right though, this whole Airtran PURCHASE has made me a little pissy.

A month ago all of them would have told you how much their job sucked and how much they hated their company. Today all you hear is "oh my God I just love what we have here at Airtran" or "we didn't want this 'merger', we wanted to stand alone."

If we would all just be honest with each other it'd sure be nice now wouldn't it?

Rant off. Silence mode re-engaged. Thanks for the reminder.

Gup

Gup somehow you have lived on this planet for longer than me and not learned the first rule of human nature. Here is the rule... if it is mine I can b!tch about it non-stop. I will, however, defend it to the death if someone else says something remotely bad about it.

Example: I'm a Bears fan. The Bears piss me off no end. They suck. The offensive line is made up of five giant retards. Martz is a one dimensional idiot. I wish they had started 0-4 like they usually do so I could just stop paying attention.

Lets say I'm in a bar and someone says "Bears suck"... Those would be fighting words.

Example 2: I complain about my wife, however, if someone else said your wife is a b!tch... we would have a real problem.

This works for airlines, wives, teams, cities of origin, pretty much anything.

I thought that was basic knowledge of human nature. I thought a group with as much drunken interaction as SWA claims would know that.

Latest resources

Back