AirTran Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Huh? uuhhhh, thanks, I guess!!
Ahhhh,,, someone who hasn't been following AirTran threads very long.

Welcome to da Trannie! Hope you got your waders, 'cause the sh*t's pretty deep over at the Training Center right now pushing this T.A. Luckily, most of the instructors know it's crap, too, but management will come to your class every couple of days the first week or two handing out the company kool-aid.

Ahhhh,,, someone who hasn't been following AirTran threads very long.

Welcome to da Trannie! Hope you got your waders, 'cause the sh*t's pretty deep over at the Training Center right now pushing this T.A. Luckily, most of the instructors know it's crap, too, but management will come to your class every couple of days the first week or two handing out the company kool-aid.

Don't worry I was one of the first to send in my card at Colgan - glad they finally got enough for a vote. I just didn't understand what the previous poster wrote.

Don't worry I was one of the first to send in my card at Colgan - glad they finally got enough for a vote. I just didn't understand what the previous poster wrote.
Who? BestPilot?

Dude, you gotsta bee learnin the 'Lanta lingo, 'cause dem peeps be talkin to you like dat all days long and you best be understandin and stuff wits dat or you gonna miss sumpn like bad hazmat in da belly and stuffs. ;)

He's been posting for a while on here, and usually has a point, just takes a really *ahem* "different" road to get there. :D

Glad you're on board with the solidarity issue. We REALLY need to get the new-hires more involved and keep them that way...

Free pizza is a nice start, but we need a P2P mentoring program to help guys get up to speed on contract issues and give them a place to go without fear of reciprocity when they have problems. Way too many people just want to lower their head and become a number, and we won't get ANYWHERE like that.

Again, welcome!

Last edited:
Very well put. I agree, and as 6 year CA, I find myself updating my logbooks and looking for a Company that values their employees instead of degrading them. Life is too short to be living in a battered pilot shelter, and that's what this place would turn into under this TA.

You deserve a lot better and I hope you eventually get a much better TA. If not, I hear that Delta just hired one of your pilots directly into the 757/767 domestic out of ATL and it will be hiring 50 pilots per month for the foreseeable future. It is always an option I guess if you are willing to take a walk on the wild side...

Good luck to all AirTrannies out there - get a good TA and make us proud!!!

Airtran looks for loyaty. I've seen SO many AT guys bail for FDX, SWA, and even CAL that the company is trying to match guys that will STAY there.

So--think about what makes AT attractive to YOU and focus on that.

Ty--I hope this works out man--I want you to be our biggest Airtran advocate.

Latest resources

Back