AirTran interview list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-9Capt said:
You'll want the 717. Better airplane and you won't have to fly with Ty Webb.

Ha Ha! Wrong on both counts . . . . Flying with me is a bonus . . . I let my FO's pick their legs, I buy the beer, and I am relatively flatulence-free . . . . plus, chicks dig me, which means new FO get my scraps. Your FO's only get your homo F/A stalker left-overs. . . . . like Uppercrust.

As far as the "List" is concerned, I was informed directly by Stephanie on Nov. 1st that I was officially moving on to the next phase and would get an interview "Within a month." I then heard around christmas time that my name was on this so-called list in Airtran ops.
I never got a vall. Nothing. Nada.
I have no idea why.
If something happened and I was not approved AFTER my name went on this list, will I NEVER get approved?
Does anyone out there know why domething like this would happen? Can I rectify the situation and get an interview??

the list

i just got word from a bud of mine that was on the list. he finally got the call to interview after being on the list since march. some guys on the list we both know have been hired and trained, or are waiting for a class date. one guy is gonna be in a class of 4..all 737. i recently e-mailed stephanie and she informed me that things are a little up in the air....the 717 deliverys ending etc...all one has to do is look at the bid pack ( or have an airtran guy do it for you ) and this gives you an idea about upcpming class sizes and such

if you are on the list and have not got called....dont freak out...

airline#5 said:
Klaus no likey purchased 737 types. Too many go bye bye to feel the luv. One I know just did.

And I have flown with two FO's recently who were hired here with 737 type ratings after turning down job offers at luv. One thing is for sure - many pilots interview at AirTran with 737 type ratings that they "purchased" and many get hired. It kind of shows that you will do whatever it takes to get a major airline job.

The State paid for my 737 type after 9/11 and I never got on with Southwest, but airTran DID hire me back in March. Never asked a question or said a WORD about the 737 type during the interview.

That said, I wouldn't leave here for Southwest, I think I'm in a better position here to be quite honest with you - 5 to 7 years from now we'll probably be close to Southwest's CURRENT size and I'll be sitting pretty in the left seat and the top 1/2 of the seniority list. Couldn't do that at Southwest...

Other people's mileage may vary.

With all those 73's coming where are they going to go? cant see much more room in ATL for them.

My rec called when he was on the list and they sched his interview on the spot now he wants me to call and do the same but I dont feel that is the right thing to do, so I'll just wait.

Latest resources

Back