• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran interview list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A V.P. of Flt. Ops approves every resume prior to interview? The word delegation comes to mind. Seems like a lot of busy work for such a high-level position.

Should most newhires expect 737 FO slots going forward due to the 737 deliveries or can 717 FO slots also be selected if desired? Will most newhires have a choice of either aircraft?

On Your Six said:
Should most newhires expect 737 FO slots going forward due to the 737 deliveries or can 717 FO slots also be selected if desired? Will most newhires have a choice of either aircraft?

My guess is that both the 717 FO and Captain positions will be filled either in anticipation of (or reaction to):

1. 717 FOs upgrading to Captain
2. 717 Captains transitioning to the 737.

Right now it looks as if there will be a steady stream of 717 FO positions open for newhires for the near term.

Yuppyguppy said:
Have you tried Fed Ex?

AirTran isn't for everyone, so if FedEx is more your preference, then good luck to you.

Regardless, if you see anyone in a #7 black and gold jersey riding on a motorcycle, PLEASE yield to him.

Steeler Fan said:
AirTran isn't for everyone, so if FedEx is more your preference, then good luck to you.

Regardless, if you see anyone in a #7 black and gold jersey riding on a motorcycle, PLEASE yield to him.

?????

The last several classes have been a mix of 717 and 737, with the 737 going senior so if you WANT the 717, you should be able to get it.

That said, there does seem to be a lot more hiring into the 737 right now, only 6 717 F/O slots in the last two classes combined.

However, rumor in the school house is 25-30 pilots per class starting Monday with a large percentage of them going to the 717.

I have no idea why some get called and some don't. Took me almost a month on the list to get called, my buddy who has been on the list for almost a month and a half still hasn't heard anything. Go figure.

Good luck to all...

On Your Six said:
Will most newhires have a choice of either aircraft?

You'll want the 717. Better airplane and you won't have to fly with Ty Webb.

Movement up the FO seniority list has been very slow on the 717 side. In the long run, it should all even out, but a new FO on the 737 side is going to get a line faster.

Latest resources

Back