AirTran headed west

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Citrusflyer and learob,

You guys might want to take it easy on the kooooollllaaaiiidd a bit. Both your tongues are blue and green. Im glad for both your airlines, but jesus.... come on. Delta's "running scared"???? From your 3 and 2 nonstop flights to the west coast? wow I guess DAL better find a new hub cause its all fu*&ing over now. Oh no....

And citrus just to let you in on a little secret..... Ryan doesn't have the domestic certificate as of yet and since I have worked for them in the past...... ahem... lets just say when...not if.... when the sh*& hits the fan, or the bus takes a dump and they don't have any spare planes.... hhhmmm I wonder who Airtran is going to book their pax on going to LAX and LAS. I don't know Im drawing a blank here...... maybe someone else can help me out on that...... :)

Wow! I don't remember touting my airline as the "end all- be all", if you took it that way then......well that's your problem.

Yeah 3 and 2 non stops are not a whole lot, but if DAL is not nervous about it (and it is one of their highest yield routes) then why all the new flights? All added to start at the same time JB/Airtran do. Here's the press release if you doubt that

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030306/atth003_1.html

As for Ryan, I doubt we'd announce using them if they couldn't do it. You may be correct in what you say, but I have more faith in my CEO than I do from some annonymous guy may have worked there in the past.

It seems you don't much live up to your signature.........

Delta adds capacity LAX-ATL

Taken from Yahoo Finance article:

ATLANTA (Dow Jones)- Delta is also adding five mainline flights between Atlanta and Los Angeles and one between Atlanta and Ontario, Calif.

So, Delta partially responds by adding more capacity using 6 767/757s (in addition to current flight schedule). I didn't expect Delta to roll over and play dead. I am sure they will be competitively priced as well - but will feature better business class, etc.

Citrusflyer,

I do live up to my signature thats why I don't cut down Airtran or Jetblue for their growth like a lot of people do. I am glad that things are working out for both your airlines, but if Im the only one that sees your post as an in your face delta post then maybe I need to get some new glasses. I also don't think Delta adding flights to compete means DAL is running scared....just good business sense. As for Ryan, why shouldn't you trust your CEO, but just remember where you heard it first. So...... these Ryan guys, are they going to be wearing Airtran uniforms? I have three different uniforms still in my closet from working at Ryan for 3 years. And thats just from working at Ryan....... Good luck and yes I do believe in my signature..............................

I don't think you're gonna see Southwest, AirTran or JetBlue competing among them selves for many years to come. All three are perfectly position to take advantage of crumbling airline industry and all 3 have plenty of routs, currently dominated by majors, to go after. Southwest and AirTran do just fine together in BWI. I think all 3 know to stay out each other's way and work on their own networks. As for AirTran, Joe clearly stated in 4th Q webcast, that they are after Delta's "big money making" markets, (not JetBlue).

Re: not a real LLC

learob Also the question needs to be asked since Airtran is only lowcost when they are compaired to Delta can they compete Jetblue? Airtran has a PSM cost of 8.5c said:
Actually, according to a recent article in Aviation Week,& Space our seat/mile costs are lower than SWA , in addition to just about everybody else. . . . do you not consider them a LCC? Pretty assinine assumption that we are not a low-cost carrier . . . are you sure that you work for JB? Most of their guys seem a little sharper than what you are displaying here . . . . .

So the question needs to be asked if Jetblue takes the low fare customers and delta takes the high fare business traveler what is left for Airtran?

Another pretty big assumption . . . If you think that somehow you are going to "take the low-fare customers" from our 44 city-system who are bound for LAX and somehow pull them off our planes in ATL and sell them your ATL-LGB product and make money, well, even your own marketing gurus would be chuckling into their double-latte grande at that idiocy.

Sure, you may pull a few of our customers, but believe me, you guys are not doing a few ATL-LGB routes to go head-to-head with us. . . . . it's a message to Delta.

FlyDeltasJets----------

Last week, you ridiculed my statement that DAL responds to our competition by dumping seats in our shared markets at a loss . . . . . here is another example. What's that? Uh huh, I thought so.

Last edited:
I don't see how jetBlue is competing against AirTran in the LAX market. The heat is on Delta to produce a product that will provide a cheaper way and make a profit at the same time. If I were going to LAX I would go for the cheaper flight. If I were going to the LGB area I would go for the cheaper fare and the free TV. Time will tell what the customer will do.

Re: Re: not a real LLC

Ty Webb said:

FlyDeltasJets----------

Last week, you ridiculed my statement that DAL responds to our competition by dumping seats in our shared markets at a loss . . . . . here is another example. What's that? Uh huh, I thought so.

Sorry this took so long. I just saw it.

I asked you to provide examples. You have provided two. What's that? Uh huh. I thought so.

The fact is, LAX ATL is a huge money maker for us. I support our efforts to defend it at all costs. We should not give you a foothold in this market, especially when you guys have stated that this is a test market. We intend to make sure that the test fails. I applaud the move. I do not, however, agree that moves like it are the reasons prices are low. I invite you consider the points I made re: the subject on a different post...none of which you responded to.

Whatever you say FlyDeltaJets.....

I used to think that you were a pompous douchebag, then after reading some of your posts on other topics, I started to think you might actually have something to contribute. But I've decided (along with alot of other people on this board that I've spoken to) that in fact you are not a pompous douchebag... not even a bag......just the douche. You can self rationalize everything.. and its ALWAYS at some elses expense.

So just so I don't have to respond to the witty, holier-than-me response that you WILL post to this (because thats what you obviously want and NEED). Instead of being mean at the expense of your career predicament (that would be low, yet not much unlike your attitude would it) ... I will try and help you and nurture you and be your friend.

Here you go:

yes FltDeltaJets, yes sir, you are so correct

you are all knowing, and grand (I mentioned grand right?!);

and oh man do you really know this business better than all of us;

and wow your career insight is so much better than all of us;

and blah, blah, blah;

Is that what you want and need from this board?? huh.. is that better for your ego? Are we REAL friends now?! .... Douche

Sorry everyone else, I know I promised ... but this unemployed Delta pilot is/has been just TOO much and I KNOW many are just sick of his self righteous postings on this INFORMATIVE board.

FlyDeltaJets adds NOTHING on a constant basis... exactly like this post of mine.... over and over... and over ... and over.

But were still good friends right FlyDeltaJets?!?!

Once again it seems that those who have nothing constructive to add must resort to insults.

P.S.
You just lost your chance at a letter of recommendation when we start hiring again.:D

Latest resources

Back