AirTran halts expansion at DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AFcitrus said:
The real loosers here are the people of DFW who used to get low fares to LAX.

American's fares were matched to that of Air Tran. Given the choice, I would choose not to fly on either one of you. Air Tran reminds me of Greyhound and American service employees (i.e. Flight attendants and gate agents) are the nastiest in the airline world. Just my opinion.

American Airlines

That is one airline that could go away and alot of people would be very happy.

High fuel prices my A$$, American is legendary for doing this. They take it very personal when someone comes in to their turf and tries to take buisness away. One time on a commute flight home, I sat next to a marketing exec. who use to work for AA and he explained how one time when Continental tried to start a direct flight from DFW to somewhere (I can't remember where) they not only matched the fares from Dallas, they started a direct flight from IAH to the same place. They don't just go after you, they go after your family too! They will fight to the bitter end at all cost if nessesary and everyone knows this, why do you think nobody has moved in the place of Delta.

JetMonkey said:
High fuel prices my A$$, American is legendary for doing this. They take it very personal when someone comes in to their turf and tries to take buisness away. One time on a commute flight home, I sat next to a marketing exec. who use to work for AA and he explained how one time when Continental tried to start a direct flight from DFW to somewhere (I can't remember where) they not only matched the fares from Dallas, they started a direct flight from IAH to the same place. They don't just go after you, they go after your family too! They will fight to the bitter end at all cost if nessesary and everyone knows this, why do you think nobody has moved in the place of Delta.

Isn't that just business and the nature of a competitive marketplace. At least they aren't crying to lawmakers to change laws.

JetMonkey is right. Anyone remember Legend? Those guys tried to stay off the rAAdar by using DAL. No matter..target aquired...missle lock...target destroyed. Another bullseye for AA.

Delta, NWA, everyone has done it. Heck, if SWA doesn't like the rules they try to change it. ie DFW, and SEA. Why is it when AA is shrewd they are evil, whenever anyone else does it, it is just business.

Whatever:confused:

AA

problem with DFW that is now hurting them was letting AA create such a monster force at DFW..i doubt anyone will ever play a significant competitor to AA there...

Everybody does it...but some companies are better at hiding it..

AAflyer said:
Delta, NWA, everyone has done it. Heck, if SWA doesn't like the rules they try to change it. ie DFW, and SEA. Why is it when AA is shrewd they are evil, whenever anyone else does it, it is just business.

Whatever:confused:

AA

The problem is American is viewed by the general public and other airlines for that matter as being pompous arrogant a$$holes. You claim to have a great product but when I for one fly on you, your services is lousy. Your agents yell at the customers for asking simple questions, your flight attendants are rude and uncaring. Then, you have the people of north Texas and the surrounding states by the gonads and charge them out the ying yang to go out of state. That's why you are considered evil.

Actually I have had great service on AA before I was hired. I have some bad experiences while being employed here, however for you to tell me every flight is horrible, well, we have 2400+ a day. I am guessing there must be a few that had good service otherwise if it was as lousy as you claim we wouldn't be in business. On many of the flights I work people walk off with very nice comments, they had a good experience on AA.

I did see an agent last week yell at a passenger, the passenger over slept and missed the flight, and was yelling all types of words at her. It was AAs fault he over slept. Ya, she finally let him have it, still accomodatied him on another flight.

I have had rude experiences on many airlines, including AirTran and JetBlue. AirTran was a paid for ticket. Do I think the entire airline stinks, no. It is usually a small percentage at each airline, AA happens to be rather large and has more of that type.

I have many friends at other airlines, you and small handful of others are the only ones that I have heard call AA evil. Does that extend to the Pilots, rampers, managers, fuelers? I take it everyone is evil? Considering we have hired people from many other airlines.

Anyway, I asked for a response and I got one, thanks for the taking the time to write.

AA

Latest resources

Back